Sign in with
Your question

Removed old graphics card driver computer starts up funny now

Last response: in Components
August 9, 2010 8:53:09 PM

Allright, so I installed an ATI HD 5700 model in my computer to replace a nvidia 9800gt model. The directions said to uninstall the old cards drivers so I did taht after installing the graphics card and its drivers. When I uninstalled my nvidia graphics console and drivers the computer immediately shut off without my consent and then start making a beeping sound like it was trying to start up for about 10 seconds and then actually started up. Now my computer always does this on start up and coming out of sleep mode. If I come outa sleep I can't see my screen. I HAVE to shut the computer down and start it up again after coming outa sleep to get signal to my screen. The clicking noise still happens on start up now for about 10 seconds. To me it sounds like it keeps trying to start up and then stops and finally redirects to graphics card. Any info you need to know to help ask and I'll give it. Help me fix this please thanks
a b ) Power supply
August 9, 2010 8:58:00 PM

THe clicking is your hard drive I can tell you that right now. Or at least thats the general cause of clicking noises.
m
l
August 9, 2010 9:05:47 PM

you think it may be the mobo trying to start the computer up going Hard Drive>onboard graphics>Pcie and since it starts the hard drive first it fires up then gets shut off real quick because the onboard start up is failing so it starts the start up process over again making the hard drive click? evenutally it stops and the computer starts up, it seems like it's skipping over something failing eventually. It's like it keeps trying to start up
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 9, 2010 9:10:06 PM

Ahh, clear your cmos! Remove the button battery in your mobo. Disconect your power supply. After that press the power button to remove any residual power in the system. Wait 5 secs. Put everything back in. and Presto! hopefully that works!
m
l
Related resources
!