Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Core i5 as fast as Pentium 3.0 GHz?

Last response: in CPUs
August 9, 2010 9:42:49 PM

My Flip Mino HD video camera requires a Pentium 3.0 GHz or faster processor. Is a Core i5 faster? I want to buy a 17.3 inch laptop.

More about : core fast pentium ghz

a b à CPUs
August 9, 2010 9:48:46 PM

Yes, almost everything that has the name "Core" would work.

Best solution

a b à CPUs
August 9, 2010 9:49:55 PM

patbenn said:
My Flip Mino HD video camera requires a Pentium 3.0 GHz or faster processor. Is a Core i5 faster? I want to buy a 17.3 inch laptop.

A core 2 duo/quad & i3/5/7 of any kind is faster than a even the fastest p4 ever made.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/92?vs=65

Im sure you're more than fine even if it's a mobile cpu. ;) 
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2010 10:02:38 PM

yes, it is much better
August 10, 2010 1:18:06 AM

yes i series is a lot faster, consider it as a jet plane...as compared to P4( not even able to fly).....
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2010 2:12:25 AM

rohn_avni said:
yes i series is a lot faster, consider it as a jet plane...as compared to P4( not even able to fly).....

Now what you saying about my 2.8 GHz HT P4 :kaola: 
a c 83 à CPUs
August 10, 2010 2:15:37 AM

Pentium 4 is a joke compared to the I5, or any modern processor for that matter.(Excluding Atom)
August 10, 2010 10:46:59 AM

warmon6 said:
Now what you saying about my 2.8 GHz HT P4 :kaola: 

ohhh what u r using a P4!! :o 
i thought every gold member of this forum has a high end machine..... :D 

and was saying abt patbenn's question....i thought he asked that his camera requires a pentium(4) 3.0 Ghz.....thAt's why i said that.
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2010 12:04:19 PM

rohn_avni said:
ohhh what u r using a P4!! :o 
i thought every gold member of this forum has a high end machine..... :D 

and was saying abt patbenn's question....i thought he asked that his camera requires a pentium(4) 3.0 Ghz.....thAt's why i said that.

i know, i just messing with yea but yes i do have a p4. ;)  Also have laptops around my house core 2 duo's, pentium dual core, old celerons , and 1 even with a core i7 in it. All mobile cpu's (except for the celies) that can run around the p4 desktop i have.

Although the core i7 is my dad's laptop and he doesn't let anyone else touch it (still has that newish feel :lol:  ) and all the other laptops only have integrated graphics. so any games i play can only play decently on a this rig.

I know i need to upgrade. :sarcastic:  Although i can make up my mind if i want a high end machine for folding@home/gaming or a moderate machine that more budget friendly. :lol: 

But yeah. Im not the only one with an old rig here, there other people with even old rigs that make mine look modern or high end. :D  Some one has/had a pentium 3 on here and I think AMDfangirl has Athlon k6/7. could be wrong on that but i know that people here with thoses kind of rigs.
August 10, 2010 4:41:43 PM

warmon6 said:
i know, i just messing with yea but yes i do have a p4. ;)  Also have laptops around my house core 2 duo's, pentium dual core, old celerons , and 1 even with a core i7 in it. All mobile cpu's (except for the celies) that can run around the p4 desktop i have.

Although the core i7 is my dad's laptop and he doesn't let anyone else touch it (still has that newish feel :lol:  ) and all the other laptops only have integrated graphics. so any games i play can only play decently on a this rig.

I know i need to upgrade. :sarcastic:  Although i can make up my mind if i want a high end machine for folding@home/gaming or a moderate machine that more budget friendly. :lol: 

But yeah. Im not the only one with an old rig here, there other people with even old rigs that make mine look modern or high end. :D  Some one has/had a pentium 3 on here and I think AMDfangirl has Athlon k6/7. could be wrong on that but i know that people here with thoses kind of rigs.

hey budy i didn't mean or want to hurt u in any way..... was just asking... :)  and i upgraded my procesor from P4 3.0 Ghz to Q8300 last month.... so yeah me too was using a P4 till last month... :D  never mind , Good Luck....
a c 83 à CPUs
August 10, 2010 4:44:34 PM

warmon6 said:

I have an old socket 754 Sempron 3400, 2Gb DDR 400, Integrated Geforce 6100, 40Gb hard drive system that is running Ubuntu. Of course I've also got 3 rigs with quads in them. :lol: 
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2010 4:48:34 PM

I still have a P3 system...
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2010 4:53:29 PM

Pentium architecture is/was horrible, anything built past that even at a lower clock, dominates the pentium 4
a c 172 à CPUs
August 10, 2010 7:27:58 PM

warmon6 said:

Im not the only one with an old rig here, ...

Sometimes "good enough" is good enough.
a b à CPUs
August 10, 2010 7:41:13 PM

jsc said:
Sometimes "good enough" is good enough.

That is true :lol: 

August 20, 2010 7:28:52 PM

Best answer selected by patbenn.
August 20, 2010 7:32:49 PM

Thank you all. You tech people are amazing!
a b à CPUs
August 20, 2010 7:52:02 PM

patbenn said:
Thank you all. You tech people are amazing!

No problem. :hello: 
!