Core i5 as fast as Pentium 3.0 GHz?

patbenn

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
My Flip Mino HD video camera requires a Pentium 3.0 GHz or faster processor. Is a Core i5 faster? I want to buy a 17.3 inch laptop.

rohn_avni

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

ohhh what u r using a P4!! :eek:
i thought every gold member of this forum has a high end machine..... :D

and was saying abt patbenn's question....i thought he asked that his camera requires a pentium(4) 3.0 Ghz.....thAt's why i said that.

i know, i just messing with yea but yes i do have a p4. ;) Also have laptops around my house core 2 duo's, pentium dual core, old celerons , and 1 even with a core i7 in it. All mobile cpu's (except for the celies) that can run around the p4 desktop i have.

Although the core i7 is my dad's laptop and he doesn't let anyone else touch it (still has that newish feel :lol: ) and all the other laptops only have integrated graphics. so any games i play can only play decently on a this rig.

I know i need to upgrade. :sarcastic: Although i can make up my mind if i want a high end machine for folding@home/gaming or a moderate machine that more budget friendly. :lol:

But yeah. Im not the only one with an old rig here, there other people with even old rigs that make mine look modern or high end. :D Some one has/had a pentium 3 on here and I think AMDfangirl has Athlon k6/7. could be wrong on that but i know that people here with thoses kind of rigs.

rohn_avni

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

hey budy i didn't mean or want to hurt u in any way..... was just asking... :) and i upgraded my procesor from P4 3.0 Ghz to Q8300 last month.... so yeah me too was using a P4 till last month... :D never mind , Good Luck....

loneninja

Distinguished

I have an old socket 754 Sempron 3400, 2Gb DDR 400, Integrated Geforce 6100, 40Gb hard drive system that is running Ubuntu. Of course I've also got 3 rigs with quads in them. :lol: