[Solved]Asus Sabertooth X58 Ram Issue/Question

I just finished a new build using the Sabertooth MB. The system was only recognizing 4 of the 6 Gigs of RAM installed. I did some searching and tried some recommended bios fixes but that did not help.

During my testing of the individual RAM sticks, I found that the MB RAM slot B1 will not recognize any of the dimms, but they run fine in in the other slots. Is the MB bad, or might this have something to do with the bent cpu pins/CPU cooler mounting issue that I have read about?

I did find however that if I run the RAM in slots A1, C1, and A2 that all 6 Gigs is recognized. Will my system run with lower performance if the dimms are not all in the dimm_1 slots (light brown)? I tried putting all the dimms in the dimm_2 slots (dark brown) but the system would not boot.

Thanks

ETA: Resetting the CPU fan resolved the issue. The B1 dimm slot now recognizes the RAM
2 answers Last reply
More about solved asus sabertooth issue question
  1. kpu1127 said:
    I just finished a new build using the Sabertooth MB. The system was only recognizing 4 of the 6 Gigs of RAM installed. I did some searching and tried some recommended bios fixes but that did not help.

During my testing of the individual RAM sticks, I found that the MB RAM slot B1 will not recognize any of the dimms, but they run fine in in the other slots. Is the MB bad, or might this have something to do with the bent cpu pins/CPU cooler mounting issue that I have read about?

I did find however that if I run the RAM in slots A1, C1, and A2 that all 6 Gigs is recognized. Will my system run with lower performance if the dimms are not all in the dimm_1 slots (light brown)? I tried putting all the dimms in the dimm_2 slots (dark brown) but the system would not boot.

Thanks

ETA: Resetting the CPU fan resolved the issue. The B1 dimm slot now recognizes the RAM

How did you reset the CPU fan???? I am having the same problem with A1 slot (1st light brown slot)
  2. In the process of removing the fan, I realized that one of the mounting pins was not actually locked into the motherboard. After resetting all the pins, making sure I heard each one click as it locked in place, the problem went away.

Hope this helps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Sabertooth RAM Motherboards