Sign in with
Your question

Monitor Jumping

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 4, 2010 3:19:23 AM

I have a Mac Cinema Display A1038 monitor connected to my PC through the DVI to ADC converter, and I frequently experience screen flicker, where the image rapidly jumps down about a quarter inch, especially during loading screens and while watching videos. Interestingly enough, if I alt+tab during a loading screen that causes the flicker to another window that is full screen, the flicker still occurs while the loading screen is in the background.

My PC is a stock HP A6620F with a Radeon HD 4850 video card and BFG ATX12V 2.2 550W PSU. I have the latest drivers for the video card. I tried connecting my computer to a different monitor (for which the converter is NOT needed) and there is no flicker on the other monitor. I’ve also tried connecting the monitor to a different computer (for which the converter IS needed) and the monitor does not flicker. So, it seems neither the monitor, the converter, nor the computer is the issue. I have run completely out of ideas. My friend suggested getting a decent surge protector, but I doubt that will have any effect as all my tests stated above I used the same power strip. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated as the flicker makes doing most things annoying and others impossible.

More about : monitor jumping

May 4, 2010 11:16:10 PM

Is it possible this problem is caused by the sync rate of either the monitor or the video card? I'm racking my brain and the internet and I am no closer to a solution. I'm willing to try anything at this point.
!