Croadcomm bcm970012

miwanuma

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Hi all I have a Acer 532h with a 64gb ssd drive 2gb of ram I just tried to install a broadcomm bcm970012 into my netbook. I playback hd video from a website and it it runs the same with and without the card. its choppy and audio is bad, I checked my device manager and it shows that the decoder is there. any ideas??

Solution
D
You have this netbook? http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/13/acer-aspire-one-532h-review/

That Atom processor is weak and does not multitask well. If anything else is open close it. It may be too weak to even stream HD. I hate netbooks.

Edit: Look at the review " While playing back a standard-def episode of Cleveland's Kids on Hulu.com was smooth at full screen, the Intel GMA 3150 still cannot play a high-def YouTube without stuttering (where art thou Broadcom Crystal HD?)."

Looks like you are screwed. Sorry.

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Yeah usually streaming video over a wireless connection doesnt work so well unless its 3g/4g iirc. Might be the first thing to try is to hard line the laptop into the router.

miwanuma

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
Ok so I went with wired connection. The audio syncs up better but the video is still choppy. cpu is at 98% Looks the same with or without the broadcomm chip. What am I doing wrong... :fou:

Truhls

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Well if the CPU is at 98% then you dont have enough CPU power to stream it it seems. But i cant say that for 100% certain. Maybe try getting rid of stuff in the background?

D

Deleted member 217926

You have this netbook? http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/13/acer-aspire-one-532h-review/

That Atom processor is weak and does not multitask well. If anything else is open close it. It may be too weak to even stream HD. I hate netbooks.

Edit: Look at the review " While playing back a standard-def episode of Cleveland's Kids on Hulu.com was smooth at full screen, the Intel GMA 3150 still cannot play a high-def YouTube without stuttering (where art thou Broadcom Crystal HD?)."

Looks like you are screwed. Sorry.

Solution

miwanuma

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010

Thanks for the information!! I would agree as I can play the same hd video on my acer 1410 with no hitches... Thanks for your help!! Anyone want to buy a broadcomm lol