Freedos command prompt

drea needs techie

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
Hello,
I am so lost about my computer...need it to work, but the computer store is closed until Monday. I have noticed that I have a driver problem. I did try earlier to re-install my motherboard disc and it would not let me complete my downloads. I installed Windows Media Player 11, turned off my computer and restarted. Now it won't boot back up or what ever it is called - it is a black screen with the following:

What do I type or do for these three things:
1) Make Sis Raid driver disk
2) Format Folppy disk
3) FreeDOS command prompt
Please choose 1 ~ 3
I chose the first two and either had to Abort, Ignore, Retry, or Fail. Now I am trying option 3:
Welcome to FreeDOS (http://www.freedos.org)!
A:\>

What do I type?

I have a custom bulit computer with Windows XP (32-bit) (I think, because I tried the 64-bit option earlier when downloading and it didn't validate) and a ASUS motherboard P5S800-VM model.

I also did an external hard drive insert today, but chose not to back up files...but that is also new to the problem when needing to download Windows Media Player 11 to view movies. I noticed earlier when trying to play movies through Netflix, they were freeze frame after freeze frame with the audio running smooth.

When I run ParetoLogic it always states that I have dirver problems; especially with ISAPNP Read Data Port (Intel (R) Chipset Software Installation Utility) and SiS Accelerated Graphics Port.
Please help...thank you!

TechInNevada

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011

Disc in the drive still?