Newegg trade. Asus p67 deluxe trade for Gigabyte

stormy05

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Newegg just emailed of me and said they have some new chipset motherboards in stock. I haven't talked to them yet, but I'm thinking of seeing if I can trade my Asus deluxe for a Gigabyte board. The reason is I've always had problems with my asus. I cant seem to overclock very well at all. Right now I have a 4.5 overclock @ 1.35v and can only make it past two passes with linx, then it will freeze. Also my system will freeze sometimes when I try to play an .avi video in kmplayer, even at stock speeds. My system is also faster at stock speeds, evan my start up is quicker by at least 10 seconds. I also think it may be my RAM, This is the ram I have G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBRM The 4GB version is on the Qualified Vendor List, so I figure the 8GB would work as well. I'm using the 1204 BIOS, But I just noticed that asus has 1305 BIOS on their site now so I will see If it will help any. Do you guys think that switching to Gigabyte would be worth a shot? I will try to call Newegg in the morning to see if a trade is even possible.