Just got an e-mail survey from Edos re. the next TR

Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
fans.

There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...
> Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
> fans.

Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine since
receiving it?

:)

---
PW

In article <vmgHd.242909$6w6.209204@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:
>From: Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com>
>Newsgroups: alt.games.tombraider
>Subject: Re: Just got an e-mail survey from Edos re. the next TR
>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:47:55 GMT

>There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
>said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...
>> Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
>> fans.

>Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine since
>receiving it?

>:)

>---
>PW

It was totally legit. The survey asks you not to divulge the questions, but I
think I can safely say it was looking into what kind of new TR game people
would like to see.

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from rcs8 was heard, at about
01/17/2005 11:10 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
> fans.

I should have added to my last post ...

No, I have not received anything like this. I was signed up for the
release of AOD, too. Not to mention I've gotten the last three games
direct from Eidos. So, lord knows, they have my address.

---
PW

"rcs8" <rcs8@psu.edu> wrote in message news:rcs8.2079.19EE21E9@psu.edu
> In article <vmgHd.242909$6w6.209204@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol
> Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:
>> From: Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com>
>> Newsgroups: alt.games.tombraider
>> Subject: Re: Just got an e-mail survey from Edos re. the next TR
>> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:47:55 GMT
>

>> There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
>> said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...
>>> Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive
>>> to old TR fans.
>
>> Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine
>> since
>> receiving it?
>
>> :)
>
>> ---
>> PW
>
> It was totally legit. The survey asks you not to divulge the
> questions, but I
> think I can safely say it was looking into what kind of new TR game
> people
> would like to see.

They probably don't want any 'old blood' opinions :) we already know
what we like.

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from rcs8 was heard, at about
01/19/2005 01:38 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
> In article <vmgHd.242909$6w6.209204@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:

>>From: Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com>
>>Newsgroups: alt.games.tombraider
>>Subject: Re: Just got an e-mail survey from Edos re. the next TR
>>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:47:55 GMT
>

>>There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
>>said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...
>>
>>>Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
>>>fans.
>

>>Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine since
>>receiving it?
>

>>:)
>

>>---
>>PW
>

> It was totally legit. The survey asks you not to divulge the questions, but I
> think I can safely say it was looking into what kind of new TR game people
> would like to see.

I was just joking! :)

I presume it was legit. I was also very surprised to see they were
actually taking (everyday) gamer's opinions into account this time.
Thus the incredulity of it all. ;)

I am really gratified to know they've learned their lesson.
Now they just have to ask the *right* people! ;)
(hear that Eidos? wink, wink, know what I mean, know what I mean ...)

---
PW

In article <Lq0Id.6683$zr4.6386@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:

>In the dead of night, a faint whisper from rcs8 was heard, at about
>01/19/2005 01:38 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
>> In article <vmgHd.242909$6w6.209204@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:
>>

>>>There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
>>>said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...

>>>Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine since
>>>receiving it?
>>

>>>:)
>>

>>>---
>>>PW
>>

>> It was totally legit. The survey asks you not to divulge the questions, but I
>> think I can safely say it was looking into what kind of new TR game people
>> would like to see.

>I was just joking! :)

>I presume it was legit. I was also very surprised to see they were
>actually taking (everyday) gamer's opinions into account this time.
>Thus the incredulity of it all. ;)

>I am really gratified to know they've learned their lesson.
>Now they just have to ask the *right* people! ;)
>(hear that Eidos? wink, wink, know what I mean, know what I mean ...)

>---
>PW

I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I know
you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and magic of the
early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.

In news:<rcs8.2080.233C306A@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
> I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I know
> you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and magic of the
> early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on you!!!
;-)

BTW, Eidos has released a TR II-IV collection on DVD:
http://www.eidoshelpline.de/produktinfo.php4?plattID=1006
Buying it is not really an option for me at the moment, but
I would be interested to know
what "Add-On Levels" they included as "Bonus"?

BTW2: Here is a fine joke from the same website
( http://www.eidoshelpline.de/faqbereich.php4?plattID=1227&faqbereich=0 )
for those who experienced problems with AOD:

"1.3 Bekannte Probleme

? Zur Zeit gibt es keine bekannten Probleme

Core Design Ltd und Eidos Interactive fühlen sich verpflichtet,
Kunden nach dem Kauf eines Spieles jede mögliche Unterstützung zu bieten.
Aus diesem Grund ist es möglich,
dass zu Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
ein Programmpatch veröffentlicht wird.
Bitte schauen Sie auf der Eidos-Website vorbei,
um sich darüber zu informieren: http://www.eidos.com/"

Have fun!
TM

In article <slrncv2ao1.8pk.mautsch@lakatos.math.ethz.ch> Thomas Mautsch <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> writes:

>In news:<rcs8.2080.233C306A@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
>> I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I know
>> you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and magic of the
>> early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
>When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
>more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on you!!!
> ;-)

Yikes! Actually, it was implied in one of the questions that Lara might not be
in it at all!

In news:<rcs8.2081.23E6863E@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
> In article <slrncv2ao1.8pk.mautsch@lakatos.math.ethz.ch>
> Thomas Mautsch writes:
>>In news:<rcs8.2080.233C306A@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
>>> I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I know
>>> you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and magic of the
>>> early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
>>When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
>>more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on you!!!
>> ;-)
>

> Yikes!
> Actually, it was implied in one of the questions that Lara might not be
> in it at all!

Oh nooo!! ;-)
On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
Take out the people originally involved in the programming,
take out the spirit of the game
- the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs, T-Rexes -
in one word, take out the tomb raiding,
take out Winston,
finally take out Lara,
KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of money! ;-)

BTW: I am currently playing René Brooymans' wonderful level
"The Sanctuary of Water, Ice and Fire"
( download: http://www.trle.net/AuthorListingQZ.htm ). -
That's the kind of level I would have expected
from TR V, or TR VI at the latest...

BTW2:
What kind of games is Crystal Dynamics best known for?
Is it true, that Crystal Dynamics took over staff from Core
after the TR-AOD desaster?

TM

> Oh nooo!! ;-)
> On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
> Take out the people originally involved in the programming,
> take out the spirit of the game
> - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs, T-Rexes -
> in one word, take out the tomb raiding,
> take out Winston,
> finally take out Lara,
> KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of money! ;-)

First screenshots of the new Tomb Raider, following the above guidelines.

http://www.myplace.nu/nascom/images/pacman.jpg

JW

"Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message
> In news:<rcs8.2080.233C306A@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
>> I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I
>> know you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and
>> magic of the early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
> When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
> more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on
> you!!! ;-)

Yeah!, Right man! Um. And that's a *bad* thing? ;)
McG.

> In news:<rcs8.2081.23E6863E@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
>> In article <slrncv2ao1.8pk.mautsch@lakatos.math.ethz.ch>
>> Thomas Mautsch writes:
>>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
>>>When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
>>>more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on you!!!
>>> ;-)
>>

>> Yikes!
>> Actually, it was implied in one of the questions that Lara might not be
>> in it at all!
>
> Oh nooo!! ;-)
> On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
> Take out the people originally involved in the programming,
> take out the spirit of the game
> - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs, T-Rexes -
> in one word, take out the tomb raiding,
> take out Winston,
> finally take out Lara,
> KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of money! ;-)
>

> BTW: I am currently playing René Brooymans' wonderful level
> "The Sanctuary of Water, Ice and Fire"
> ( download: http://www.trle.net/AuthorListingQZ.htm ). -
> That's the kind of level I would have expected
> from TR V, or TR VI at the latest...
>

> BTW2:
> What kind of games is Crystal Dynamics best known for?
> Is it true, that Crystal Dynamics took over staff from Core
> after the TR-AOD desaster?

Might not be so bad, I think it was EIDOS not Core Design who made such a
mess of TR AOD. ^_^

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

> TM

In the dead of night, a faint whisper from John Whitworth was heard, at
about 01/21/2005 05:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...

>> Oh nooo!! ;-)
>> On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
>> Take out the people originally involved in the programming, take out
>> the spirit of the game - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs,
>> T-Rexes - in one word, take out the tomb raiding, take out Winston,
>> finally take out Lara, KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of
>> money! ;-)
>
> First screenshots of the new Tomb Raider, following the above guidelines.
>
> http://www.myplace.nu/nascom/images/pacman.jpg
>
> JW

LOL!!!

---
PW

"John Whitworth" <j_dublevay@yarhooh.co.uk> wrote in message

>> Oh nooo!! ;-)
>> On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
>> Take out the people originally involved in the programming, take out the
>> spirit of the game - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs,
>> T-Rexes - in one word, take out the tomb raiding, take out Winston,
>> finally take out Lara, KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of
>> money! ;-)
> First screenshots of the new Tomb Raider, following the above guidelines.
>
> http://www.myplace.nu/nascom/images/pacman.jpg
>
> JW

You're right! *LOL*

WY

Hey, send that survey to me! It's time I got them straightened out on this.

TRENDING THREADS