Just got an e-mail survey from Edos re. the next TR

Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
fans.
15 answers Last reply
More about just mail survey edos
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
    said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...
    > Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
    > fans.

    Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine since
    receiving it?

    :)

    ---
    PW
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In article <vmgHd.242909$6w6.209204@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:
    >From: Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com>
    >Newsgroups: alt.games.tombraider
    >Subject: Re: Just got an e-mail survey from Edos re. the next TR
    >Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:47:55 GMT

    >There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
    >said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...
    >> Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
    >> fans.

    >Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine since
    >receiving it?

    >:)

    >---
    >PW

    It was totally legit. The survey asks you not to divulge the questions, but I
    think I can safely say it was looking into what kind of new TR game people
    would like to see.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from rcs8 was heard, at about
    01/17/2005 11:10 AM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
    > fans.

    I should have added to my last post ...

    No, I have not received anything like this. I was signed up for the
    release of AOD, too. Not to mention I've gotten the last three games
    direct from Eidos. So, lord knows, they have my address.

    ---
    PW
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "rcs8" <rcs8@psu.edu> wrote in message news:rcs8.2079.19EE21E9@psu.edu
    > In article <vmgHd.242909$6w6.209204@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol
    > Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:
    >> From: Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com>
    >> Newsgroups: alt.games.tombraider
    >> Subject: Re: Just got an e-mail survey from Edos re. the next TR
    >> Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:47:55 GMT
    >

    >> There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
    >> said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...
    >>> Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive
    >>> to old TR fans.
    >
    >> Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine
    >> since
    >> receiving it?
    >
    >> :)
    >
    >> ---
    >> PW
    >
    > It was totally legit. The survey asks you not to divulge the
    > questions, but I
    > think I can safely say it was looking into what kind of new TR game
    > people
    > would like to see.

    They probably don't want any 'old blood' opinions :) we already know
    what we like.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from rcs8 was heard, at about
    01/19/2005 01:38 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > In article <vmgHd.242909$6w6.209204@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:

    >>From: Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com>
    >>Newsgroups: alt.games.tombraider
    >>Subject: Re: Just got an e-mail survey from Edos re. the next TR
    >>Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:47:55 GMT
    >

    >>There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
    >>said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...
    >>
    >>>Anyone else get this? Looks like they're gonna try to be sensitive to old TR
    >>>fans.
    >

    >>Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine since
    >>receiving it?
    >

    >>:)
    >

    >>---
    >>PW
    >

    > It was totally legit. The survey asks you not to divulge the questions, but I
    > think I can safely say it was looking into what kind of new TR game people
    > would like to see.

    I was just joking! :)

    I presume it was legit. I was also very surprised to see they were
    actually taking (everyday) gamer's opinions into account this time.
    Thus the incredulity of it all. ;)

    I am really gratified to know they've learned their lesson.
    Now they just have to ask the *right* people! ;)
    (hear that Eidos? wink, wink, know what I mean, know what I mean ...)

    ---
    PW
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In article <Lq0Id.6683$zr4.6386@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:

    >In the dead of night, a faint whisper from rcs8 was heard, at about
    >01/19/2005 01:38 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    >> In article <vmgHd.242909$6w6.209204@tornado.tampabay.rr.com> Pistol Whipped <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> writes:
    >>

    >>>There was a rcs8-fly buzzing about my ear, and I could have sworn it
    >>>said (Some time around 01/17/2005 11:10 AM)...

    >>>Naaaahhhh ,,, gotta be spam, have you virus checked your machine since
    >>>receiving it?
    >>

    >>>:)
    >>

    >>>---
    >>>PW
    >>

    >> It was totally legit. The survey asks you not to divulge the questions, but I
    >> think I can safely say it was looking into what kind of new TR game people
    >> would like to see.

    >I was just joking! :)

    >I presume it was legit. I was also very surprised to see they were
    >actually taking (everyday) gamer's opinions into account this time.
    >Thus the incredulity of it all. ;)

    >I am really gratified to know they've learned their lesson.
    >Now they just have to ask the *right* people! ;)
    >(hear that Eidos? wink, wink, know what I mean, know what I mean ...)

    >---
    >PW

    I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I know
    you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and magic of the
    early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In news:<rcs8.2080.233C306A@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
    > I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I know
    > you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and magic of the
    > early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
    When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
    more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on you!!!
    ;-)

    BTW, Eidos has released a TR II-IV collection on DVD:
    http://www.eidoshelpline.de/produktinfo.php4?plattID=1006
    Buying it is not really an option for me at the moment, but
    I would be interested to know
    what "Add-On Levels" they included as "Bonus"?

    BTW2: Here is a fine joke from the same website
    ( http://www.eidoshelpline.de/faqbereich.php4?plattID=1227&faqbereich=0 )
    for those who experienced problems with AOD:

    "1.3 Bekannte Probleme

    ? Zur Zeit gibt es keine bekannten Probleme

    Core Design Ltd und Eidos Interactive fühlen sich verpflichtet,
    Kunden nach dem Kauf eines Spieles jede mögliche Unterstützung zu bieten.
    Aus diesem Grund ist es möglich,
    dass zu Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
    ein Programmpatch veröffentlicht wird.
    Bitte schauen Sie auf der Eidos-Website vorbei,
    um sich darüber zu informieren: http://www.eidos.com/"

    Have fun!
    TM
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In article <slrncv2ao1.8pk.mautsch@lakatos.math.ethz.ch> Thomas Mautsch <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> writes:

    >In news:<rcs8.2080.233C306A@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
    >> I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I know
    >> you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and magic of the
    >> early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
    >When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
    >more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on you!!!
    > ;-)

    Yikes! Actually, it was implied in one of the questions that Lara might not be
    in it at all!

    >BTW, Eidos has released a TR II-IV collection on DVD:
    > http://www.eidoshelpline.de/produktinfo.php4?plattID=1006
    >Buying it is not really an option for me at the moment, but
    >I would be interested to know
    >what "Add-On Levels" they included as "Bonus"?

    >BTW2: Here is a fine joke from the same website
    >( http://www.eidoshelpline.de/faqbereich.php4?plattID=1227&faqbereich=0 )
    >for those who experienced problems with AOD:

    >"1.3 Bekannte Probleme

    > ? Zur Zeit gibt es keine bekannten Probleme

    >Core Design Ltd und Eidos Interactive fühlen sich verpflichtet,
    >Kunden nach dem Kauf eines Spieles jede mögliche Unterstützung zu bieten.
    >Aus diesem Grund ist es möglich,
    >dass zu Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
    >ein Programmpatch veröffentlicht wird.
    >Bitte schauen Sie auf der Eidos-Website vorbei,
    >um sich darüber zu informieren: http://www.eidos.com/"

    >Have fun!
    >TM
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In news:<rcs8.2081.23E6863E@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
    > In article <slrncv2ao1.8pk.mautsch@lakatos.math.ethz.ch>
    > Thomas Mautsch writes:
    >>In news:<rcs8.2080.233C306A@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
    >>> I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I know
    >>> you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and magic of the
    >>> early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
    >>When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
    >>more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on you!!!
    >> ;-)
    >

    > Yikes!
    > Actually, it was implied in one of the questions that Lara might not be
    > in it at all!

    Oh nooo!! ;-)
    On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
    Take out the people originally involved in the programming,
    take out the spirit of the game
    - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs, T-Rexes -
    in one word, take out the tomb raiding,
    take out Winston,
    finally take out Lara,
    KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of money! ;-)

    BTW: I am currently playing René Brooymans' wonderful level
    "The Sanctuary of Water, Ice and Fire"
    ( download: http://www.trle.net/AuthorListingQZ.htm ). -
    That's the kind of level I would have expected
    from TR V, or TR VI at the latest...

    BTW2:
    What kind of games is Crystal Dynamics best known for?
    Is it true, that Crystal Dynamics took over staff from Core
    after the TR-AOD desaster?

    TM
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Oh nooo!! ;-)
    > On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
    > Take out the people originally involved in the programming,
    > take out the spirit of the game
    > - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs, T-Rexes -
    > in one word, take out the tomb raiding,
    > take out Winston,
    > finally take out Lara,
    > KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of money! ;-)

    First screenshots of the new Tomb Raider, following the above guidelines.

    http://www.myplace.nu/nascom/images/pacman.jpg

    JW
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Thomas Mautsch" <mautsch@math.ethz.ch> wrote in message
    > In news:<rcs8.2080.233C306A@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
    >> I'm not sure why they picked me. Maybe it was just a random thing. I
    >> know you'd be pleased by my answers. I talked about the mystery and
    >> magic of the early TR games and how any new game must focus on Lara.
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
    > When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
    > more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on
    > you!!! ;-)

    Yeah!, Right man! Um. And that's a *bad* thing? ;)
    McG.

    > BTW, Eidos has released a TR II-IV collection on DVD:
    > http://www.eidoshelpline.de/produktinfo.php4?plattID=1006
    > Buying it is not really an option for me at the moment, but
    > I would be interested to know
    > what "Add-On Levels" they included as "Bonus"?
    >

    > BTW2: Here is a fine joke from the same website
    > (
    > http://www.eidoshelpline.de/faqbereich.php4?plattID=1227&faqbereich=0
    > ) for those who experienced problems with AOD:
    >
    > "1.3 Bekannte Probleme
    >
    > ? Zur Zeit gibt es keine bekannten Probleme
    >
    > Core Design Ltd und Eidos Interactive fühlen sich verpflichtet,
    > Kunden nach dem Kauf eines Spieles jede mögliche Unterstützung zu
    > bieten. Aus diesem Grund ist es möglich,
    > dass zu Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
    > ein Programmpatch veröffentlicht wird.
    > Bitte schauen Sie auf der Eidos-Website vorbei,
    > um sich darüber zu informieren: http://www.eidos.com/"
    >
    > Have fun!
    > TM
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > In news:<rcs8.2081.23E6863E@psu.edu> schrieb rcs8 <rcs8@psu.edu>:
    >> In article <slrncv2ao1.8pk.mautsch@lakatos.math.ethz.ch>
    >> Thomas Mautsch writes:
    >>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>Aaaaaargh! - You messed it up!!
    >>>When the new TR will have even smaller levels, but a Lara with
    >>>more genuine looks and extra big tits, we will have to blame it on you!!!
    >>> ;-)
    >>

    >> Yikes!
    >> Actually, it was implied in one of the questions that Lara might not be
    >> in it at all!
    >
    > Oh nooo!! ;-)
    > On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
    > Take out the people originally involved in the programming,
    > take out the spirit of the game
    > - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs, T-Rexes -
    > in one word, take out the tomb raiding,
    > take out Winston,
    > finally take out Lara,
    > KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of money! ;-)
    >

    > BTW: I am currently playing René Brooymans' wonderful level
    > "The Sanctuary of Water, Ice and Fire"
    > ( download: http://www.trle.net/AuthorListingQZ.htm ). -
    > That's the kind of level I would have expected
    > from TR V, or TR VI at the latest...
    >

    > BTW2:
    > What kind of games is Crystal Dynamics best known for?
    > Is it true, that Crystal Dynamics took over staff from Core
    > after the TR-AOD desaster?

    Might not be so bad, I think it was EIDOS not Core Design who made such a
    mess of TR AOD. ^_^

    Inu-Yasha
    Feh!!

    > TM
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from John Whitworth was heard, at
    about 01/21/2005 05:31 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...

    >> Oh nooo!! ;-)
    >> On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
    >> Take out the people originally involved in the programming, take out
    >> the spirit of the game - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs,
    >> T-Rexes - in one word, take out the tomb raiding, take out Winston,
    >> finally take out Lara, KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of
    >> money! ;-)
    >
    > First screenshots of the new Tomb Raider, following the above guidelines.
    >
    > http://www.myplace.nu/nascom/images/pacman.jpg
    >
    > JW

    LOL!!!

    ---
    PW
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "John Whitworth" <j_dublevay@yarhooh.co.uk> wrote in message

    >> Oh nooo!! ;-)
    >> On second thoughts, this might not be such a bad idea on Eidos' behalf:
    >> Take out the people originally involved in the programming, take out the
    >> spirit of the game - the vast levels, landscapes, pyramids, tombs,
    >> T-Rexes - in one word, take out the tomb raiding, take out Winston,
    >> finally take out Lara, KEEP the name "Tomb Raider" and earn lots of
    >> money! ;-)
    > First screenshots of the new Tomb Raider, following the above guidelines.
    >
    > http://www.myplace.nu/nascom/images/pacman.jpg
    >
    > JW

    You're right! *LOL*

    WY
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Hey, send that survey to me! It's time I got them straightened out on this.

Games Email Video Games