Sign in with
Your question

Mobo and pc case for multi HDD system

Last response: in Motherboards
March 5, 2011 11:46:04 AM

Hello,

I am looking for a full tower pc case and mobo that can handle many HDD (6-9 hdd)sata.

The case must have a good airflow system to minimize the heat, i live in tropic country and i got no air conditioning in my room (only fan), avrg temp at noon about 28-30c

The other specs,

CPU AMD athlon II x3 450
1 GPU HD6950/GTX580 (havent decided yet)
2x2gb RAM
monitor is connected to LCD TV 32" full hd via hdmi.

thanks guys
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
March 5, 2011 12:10:58 PM

The gigabyte 870A-UD3 should work fine. I'm using gigabyte and biostar boards with my amd cpus. Check on warranty rma for each brand or if your vender will handle it for you. It may influence your final decision. Some manufacturer's won't handle rma requests in certain countries. For the case, the antec 300 or 600 offer good value, leaving room for a high end cpu cooler. I've had good luck with their service and power supplies.
m
l
March 5, 2011 12:26:41 PM

o1die said:
The gigabyte 870A-UD3 should work fine. I'm using gigabyte and biostar boards with my amd cpus. Check on warranty rma for each brand or if your vender will handle it for you. It may influence your final decision. Some manufacturer's won't handle rma requests in certain countries. For the case, the antec 300 or 600 offer good value, leaving room for a high end cpu cooler. I've had good luck with their service and power supplies.

yes, i put that mobo in my list, i have ASRock 870G Extreme3 also in the list, asrock is about $25 cheaper then gigabyte in my country. i dont have that antec model yet in here :( 
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
March 5, 2011 12:31:22 PM

I've used asrock boards; they work ok, but may offer some extra bios adjustments that are unfamiliar. I would download the board manual before making your final decision. See what some of the chipset and ram adjustments it has, as well as voltage. In a hot climate, I don't overclock more than 20% due to the heat. I prefer stability. I live in south central texas, not exactly cool except in Jan-March. For the case, there are plenty of good ones. I'm a firm believer that too many fans actually can interfere with airflow. I hate noise anyway. You also have to decide if you want the plastic tooless brackets, and if you want to slide the drives in sideways instead of pushing them towards the front.
m
l
Related resources
!