Back-up gone wrong and HDD capacity reduced

turkeycreek

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
I have two issues/questions. My desktop is an old one that I built, Windows XP, sp3, 2 internal hard drives and an external.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to do a back-up of my files stored on the 2nd hard drive and I had downloaded EaseUSA Todo Back-up. I did the back up and it saved the image file on my external drive. A few days later I noticed that my 2nd drive (where the back-up was taken from) had no files on it and under properties it wasn't formatted. So first question...What happened during back-up that would cause this. I am assuming that is when it happened.

So I figured I could fix it since I had my back-up on the external drive. I re-formatted the 2nd drive, which is 320 GB, but after formatting it only showed 55 GB.....WTH !!! I have tried using Disk Management on Windows and deleted the partition and use EaseUSA Partition Master....nothing will let me get all of the capacity of this drive back. I even downloaded Seagate Tools and it doesn't recognize either of my internal drives which are both Seagates.

I thought about using a Win98 floppy and get to fdisk but I don't think it will format to NTFS...

Any help on these 2 questions will be appreciated.