SSD Laptop Kit for new desktop build?

LawnGnome

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
I just realized that the Samsung 830 SSD I bought for my new (and first) homebuild is the laptop kit and not the desktop one. I checked on their site and found that it will be lacking the "bracket, SATA cable, and power cable" of the desktop kit. The case I'm getting is a Corsair Carbide 300. I know where to get an extra SATA cable, but do I need to worry about the bracket and what about the power cable? Wouldn't I be able to plug the PSU into the drive to power it? Thanks.

Solution

It looks like the Corsair Case you bought supports installation of SSD. (No need for adapter) Check out the the video linked with the photos of your case on Amazon. (Nice case by the way)...

Crayolamark

Honorable
Jul 31, 2012

It looks like the Corsair Case you bought supports installation of SSD. (No need for adapter) Check out the the video linked with the photos of your case on Amazon. (Nice case by the way). http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Series-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B006I2H0YS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343872170&sr=8-1&keywords=Corsair+Carbide+300

I don't like Molex adapters/splitters, but sometimes they are a necessary evil. (I can't tell you how many friends forget that their DVD drive is Sata too.) Hopefully with your new build, you have a brand new, shiny power supply with all the extra modern cables you need.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS