HyperX Blu Defective or Incompatible?

Andon48

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
I bought 4Gb(2x2) of Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600, and I can't get it to run stable. I got it for $45 on Newegg + a $25 mail in rebate, so I was going to keep the HyperX and sell my Adata ram to make a few bucks, but after the trouble this ram has given me I'd rather just keep my Adata ram and either sell the Kingston ram if it's not defective or get it replaced from Newegg and then sell it if it is defective. Sometimes it will run in dual channel mode, sometimes it will only run in single channel, sometimes it will only detect 2gb of ram, and it always makes my computer lock up when I try to run Prime95. I have tried all kinds of different settings, reseated it, swapped them around, nothing helps. I tested both sticks with Memtest 86+ V4.20 and they both passed okay. Would it be safe to assume that the memory is okay and just isn't compatible with the board, or is there a possibility that it could pass Memtest and still be defective?

Andon48

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
1.65 and I've tried between 1.65 and 1.75. They pass memtest fine though, so does that mean they're just incompatible with my bios? And I do have the latest version but it came out in September.

Andon48

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Read my original post, I'm just trying to figure out if it is defective or not so I know if I can sell it. I bought it because of the MIR so I could make some money reselling it.