Need help with case

drexeus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Originally wanted to get the haf x, but they are a tad bit expensive here in Japan. So I decided to just go with a storm scout as none of the antec alternatives, for me are as pleasing as the cm's selection. The scout I chose because of the all black interior and the air flow seems good as well. Its also the cheapest I could find here that I actually liked. I just wanted to know if the cm v8 would fit in the cm storm scout without being "stuffed". Thanks in advance guys.

~drex

Solution
It depends on the price you pay. There are other, better coolers, for around the same price or less.

List of cooler reviewed by FrostyTech - Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus is currently popular around here.
Note that CM V8 is down the page a bit @ around 18.4 degrees in the 150W (overclocked CPU) column. And at 52 DbA on high it might be a little noisy for you. Still, it does cool well - just not as well as other alternatives.

Case choice is totally a personal preference. You can look through your local stores or online stores like NewEgg.
If you find a case you like see what the NewEgg customers are saying, and try and find an online independent review.
Example: NZXT TEMPEST EVO 89% of 57 reviewers gave it 4 or 5...

drexeus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Hey WR2,

Thanks for the reply and for the info on the cooler. I was wondering if you could also give me some suggestions on cases that have a similar feel to the storm scout. And I've been searching but do you think the v8 is a good buy?

It depends on the price you pay. There are other, better coolers, for around the same price or less.

List of cooler reviewed by FrostyTech - Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus is currently popular around here.
Note that CM V8 is down the page a bit @ around 18.4 degrees in the 150W (overclocked CPU) column. And at 52 DbA on high it might be a little noisy for you. Still, it does cool well - just not as well as other alternatives.

Case choice is totally a personal preference. You can look through your local stores or online stores like NewEgg.
If you find a case you like see what the NewEgg customers are saying, and try and find an online independent review.
Example: NZXT TEMPEST EVO 89% of 57 reviewers gave it 4 or 5 'egg' ratings. NZXT Tempest Evo Case review @ Benchmark Reviews
NZXT Tempest Evo Case review @ Hardware Secrets

Solution