Adding SSD to existing SSD setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
Hello all. I am running a comp with a 125gb SSD drive only. I just purchased a 240gb ssd- same brand and read/write speed. Any suggestions and tips on how to install and set it up? I use the comp for both gaming (digital DLs/steam) and work/personal use. I am running windows 7 64 bit.
Thanks!

Solution
I would probably keep the system running off the 128gb drive, and install the second one for programs/games. What was your intention for using the drive when you bought it ?

Tweakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
"tomatthe

I would probably keep the system running off the 128gb drive, and install the second one for programs/games. What was your intention for using the drive when you bought it ?"

I purchased the larger drive because i am almost out of space on my 125gb ( which i have to look into as well, why i ran out of space so quick).

So keep it as two separate drives. got it.
Thanx

steveox152

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
You might be running out of space because your default download and install drive is your primary SSD...You need to remember to change the install location of things that you dont want on the SSD.

The SSD's are awesome for some programs and your OS but its also beneficial to have a regular HDD for all of your basic files like pictures and music. I

I have a SSD as a boot drive and I dont install anything on it..I just leave it alone

Tweakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
thanks for the tip. SSD is dropping so fast in price so i got the 240. I will take your advice about getting a hdd to keep all music files and such when i need more space.

Status
Not open for further replies.