Texture popup

threedom

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Hi

On all games, objects such as, trees,plants,characters etc are not visible, i then move one yard forward and they appear, any sort of distance all they not visible, its highly annoying

my specs

ati radeon 5970
core i7 930
950w psu
asus p6tdeluxe
intel ssd 80gb
segate 500gb

any help greatly appreciated!

OK this is going to take quite some time to work out so the first step what settings are you playing these games at? Second are you using the newest driver or the ones that were on the CD? Is crossfire enabled or in single gpu mode? Is it possible that you could make a few screen shots or a short video of the symptoms?

Well since texture memory is dynamically assigned by drivers these days depending on the amount of system ram in installed. If you have less than 6gb of system ram or a very small page file or none at all could be a culprit.

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Would this be a clean build

OR is this a replacement card from an nvidia or an older ATI card?

Did you use driver cleaner before installing the new catalyst drivers?

Stupid question> did you check your DX version (dxdiag in run box i do believe) to be sure its DX11?

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Uber

threedom

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
a clean build
and the 5970 was part of the new build i installed 10.4 straight away so no drive cleaner

thanks for the help

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Thanks for the extra information

If you have another video card to put in the new build, do that and see if u still get the same effect

If it does not have the same effect, it may be the card or software compatibility for your hardware

Did you download the right drivers Ex: (i dont know your OS) if you have Win 7 64-bit and you install the 32 bit drivers...this *could* be the problem so please check that

If it still does the same effect...ill have to research lol (i would take all but one stick of RAM out and try that and if that didnt work i would assume a faulty MoBo)

Hope this helps

Uber

threedom

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I tried an different video card

still happened

i downloaded the offical drivers choosing windows 7 64bit drivers in the option menu

thanks

UberGenocide

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Have you installed motherboard drivers?

Uber

EDIT (chipset drivers)