Canon CF Flash Card (FC-32MH) can't be read by the CF slot..

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 14, 2004 8:24:02 AM

Canon CF Flash Card (FC-32MH) can't be read by the CF slot in the
eMachines T3256 media reader

I figured out what was wrong and thought I would pass the info along:
the problem isn't with the eMachines T3256, it's with the Canon CF
Flash Card (FC-32MH) that came with my Powershot A75. It works fine in
the camera, but can't be read by the CF slot in the T3256 media reader.
I bought a new PNY CF card, plugged it into the T3256 and it worked
fine.

Other search terms to help you find this msg:
3256 , incompatible , compatible , 8-in-1 Digital Media Manager ,
Compact Flash
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 2:01:37 PM

findtheconstellations@yahoo.com writes:
> Canon CF Flash Card (FC-32MH) can't be read by the CF slot in the
> eMachines T3256 media reader
>
> I figured out what was wrong and thought I would pass the info along:
> the problem isn't with the eMachines T3256, it's with the Canon CF
> Flash Card (FC-32MH) that came with my Powershot A75. It works fine in
> the camera, but can't be read by the CF slot in the T3256 media reader.
> I bought a new PNY CF card, plugged it into the T3256 and it worked
> fine.

You may simply have a bad unit as my Canon card (same one I believe)
reads fine in my Sandisk CF reader. I don't think we have enough
data here to draw too much of a conclusion just yet.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

While the canon supplied card does plug into my Sandisk reader, it doesn't
have the same 'feel and snap' as my other cards. It does go in, but if one
encounters any noticeable resistance it's better to just use another card. I
got a 256 mb viking with my A95 order from Amazon for just under $25.
Dave Cohen

!