Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Where Are All The 1155 Motherboards?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 5, 2011 10:13:43 PM

In desperate need of a 1155 motherboard, but the ones on Newegg are all micro ATXs, what the heck? And they are made from Biostar...

More about : 1155 motherboards

a b V Motherboard
March 5, 2011 10:17:10 PM

There are very few Sandy Bridge (1155-socket) motherboards being sold right now becase of the Intel recall in January. Reason being that there was a defect in the SATA2 ports; Full retail in April.
March 5, 2011 11:52:42 PM

There are some other brands emerging.... Yet VERY slowly...

Is it because they simple didn't received them yet? I am little scared by such a slow appearance of 1155 motherboards on the retail market. Waiting till April is a torture really!
Related resources
a c 107 V Motherboard
March 6, 2011 12:10:02 AM

All of the manufacturers have already shipped limited quantities of the new boards. However, they go to different retailers, not to mention OEMs like Dell, AVADirect, IBuyPower, and all the rest.

Patience, grasshopper.
March 6, 2011 12:14:34 AM

I'm just surprised that the only boards right now are the micro ATX by Biostar. They didn't think to make regular ATX boards?
March 6, 2011 10:18:37 PM

I think biostar cut all the atx in half to get more micros on the market.
Last week newegg did have up the asus ones, said open box. 1 for each of the 1155 asus models. I assume they were opened for marketing and pictures or some such.
I was about to buy it when my internet died.
By the time it came back, I went to browse for a case and said it was sold. $50 less for open box, i would take the risk...
a c 107 V Motherboard
March 6, 2011 10:45:22 PM

Those open box boards were most likely the old models that other people returned. There wasn't any indicator that they were the new version like they have now.
March 7, 2011 11:33:45 PM

There are some Asus 1155 ver.3 (b3) boards in stock at TechNPS http://www.technps.com/computer-hardware/motherboards/. I had never heard of these guys before so I did some digging around. I found out they are a sister company of Digital Storm Custom PCs http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ , which sells high end gaming PCs, and they are located in the same building in Fresno, CA. TechNPS makes some of the RAM for these machines from what they told me. And these seems to be true based on some forum searches I did here on Tom's. I looked on the Digital Storm website and a lot of the machines available there have the B3 Asus boards, so I am assuming this is how TechNPS has access to these board already.

I ordered a P8P67 after speaking with someone on the phone(twice, they answered right away both times) at TechNPS, at the time they said they had 14 of these boards in stock ready to go. After checking again just a minute ago they are out of stock on these, BUT they still have some Deluxe boards with the revised stepping. I would have posted sooner but I was waiting for my Tom's new member confirmation email!

Anyway, before I ordered I asked them when the motherboard would ship if I ordered today and they said it would go out later this afternoon. My tracking number was already showing my item had entered the system a few hours ago so that is reassuring. So anyway just wanted to share my info with anyone else looking for a Sandy Bridge board.

I can't wait to get my machine built. It's been a long time coming and I am sick of looking at all the un-opened Newegg boxes in my room!
March 8, 2011 10:38:57 PM

I dont know if Pval is working for Technps since I noticed he made the same exact comment on various other forums. But TEchNPs is a complete joke, I called this morning and confirmed with their tech support to make sure they had the ASUS deluxe p787 in to which they said yes, I made the order and called back in the afternoon to re-confirm where another tech support guy said he does not have any in and will restock on the 11th of March. Obviously, I canceled the order immediately. NewEgg is the only way to go.
March 8, 2011 11:44:26 PM

Well I am not an employee of TechNPS, and I originally found out about them from an alert I set up on slickdeals to let me know of any Asus motherboards deals. Someone started a thread about finding some 1155 motherboards, which is where I posted the same info there as I did here. Whether you believe me or not I guess doesn't matter, I was just trying to be helpful to other people. I rarely post to forums, but a lot of other people have given a lot of good info so I just wanted to help.

If anyone is curious my motherboard is now scheduled to be delivered tomorrow according to UPS. I will post some more info about the condition of the board and any other info that comes up about dealing with this company. Like I said I had never heard of them before.

And I totally agree about Newegg, all the rest of the purchases for my PC are from them. But I just didn't want to wait any longer for the Asus boards.
March 9, 2011 12:37:17 AM

Newegg had open box p8p67 LE (~100$) for like an hour or so... then it deactivated. I guess it sold out. Damn I am impatient... and slow xP
March 9, 2011 1:41:19 AM

Thx for the tiger direct link. Just ordered my asus p67 sabertooth. It gave me delivery time of Mar 13-14th. Lets see.
March 9, 2011 2:24:03 PM

a Gigabyte H67 board just showed up on NewEgg this morning, give it another week or so and I think we should see things turn back to normal somewhat.
March 9, 2011 4:10:50 PM

deluxe backordered, equals to nothing
March 9, 2011 10:12:16 PM



Curious, when I use their guided search it shows only one result. However when I search for "ASUS p67 1155" it returns an entire page of results. What gives?

I want/need one of these boards however I dont want to buy the wrong version for my 2500k and have to deal with that hassle. I may just wait a week for newegg to have some. :sweat: 
a b V Motherboard
March 10, 2011 3:20:19 AM

I just want to let you know that when new MB will arrive it may show rev 1.0 or 1.01 on it ..don't freak out like i did, apparently the rev. stays the same ,so as long as rev. B3 shows
in CPU-Z you good to go

a c 107 V Motherboard
March 10, 2011 7:29:34 AM

On ASUS boards, it will also be verified in the BIOS/UEFI screen. Other manufacturers will probably do this as well.
March 10, 2011 2:37:20 PM

Arghghghg just found out the deluxe p8p67 i ordered from tigerdirect is backordered........they didn't even bother telling me!

Any other places out there that have them in stock right now?
March 10, 2011 7:56:20 PM

Same thing happen to me. Nowhere on Tigerdirect site it says that it is on backorder. Bummer but there was only one thing that came out of it or should I say 2 things is that I order my board & was $10 cheaper. In 2 days the price went up.
March 10, 2011 9:27:24 PM

ortoklaz said:
I just want to let you know that when new MB will arrive it may show rev 1.0 or 1.01 on it ..don't freak out like i did, apparently the rev. stays the same ,so as long as rev. B3 shows
in CPU-Z you good to go
]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/7765/cpue.jpg


Thanks for the tip. Just ran CPU-Z and it is legit B3. I had freak out moment too, because the board didn't have the special B3 sticker even though the box was labeled correctly. All is well.
March 10, 2011 11:03:51 PM

Ace209 said:
Same thing happen to me. Nowhere on Tigerdirect site it says that it is on backorder. Bummer but there was only one thing that came out of it or should I say 2 things is that I order my board & was $10 cheaper. In 2 days the price went up.


same here, I ordered without knowing it was back ordered 2 days ago. If by tomorrow they do not ship and somehow, neweggs gets them, then I may cancel. TigerDirect is ok as far as customer service but they should indicate backorder on their sales page. Its false advertisement.
March 11, 2011 2:01:34 PM

Guys, I just received an email from Tigerdirect on my Deluxe board. its states that the item is in backorder and I will receive it when they get it in their warehouse, they do not mention a date. It also give me an option to cancel. I dont know if I should cancel. They have handled this whole procedure in a back handed way since they never stated backorder on their sales page, no one knew about it until they made the purchase. If Newegg had it I wouldn't hesitate to cancel.

What do you guys think, should i wait?

a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2011 2:30:29 PM

mi6430 said:
Guys, I just received an email from Tigerdirect on my Deluxe board. its states that the item is in backorder and I will receive it when they get it in their warehouse, they do not mention a date. It also give me an option to cancel. I dont know if I should cancel. They have handled this whole procedure in a back handed way since they never stated backorder on their sales page, no one knew about it until they made the purchase. If Newegg had it I wouldn't hesitate to cancel.

What do you guys think, should i wait?

call them ,they will tell you when they expect delivery
March 11, 2011 2:43:20 PM

yesterday, they told me Friday
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2011 2:50:48 PM

mi6430 said:
yesterday, they told me Friday

i would wait,thats what i did with my GtX570,you probably get it next week
a b V Motherboard
March 11, 2011 2:52:09 PM

I got my Asus P8P67 Pro Rev B3 replacement board on Wednesday from Asus. I live nearby so the shipping was fast. They threw in a nice set of headphones to the package too. Asus may be taking care of the previous purchasers before they let them loose on the retailers.
March 12, 2011 2:58:01 AM

just ordred in NewEgg cancelled Tigerdirect. Now NewEgg shows shipped already. Love NewEgg
March 12, 2011 5:40:01 AM

The P8P67 Pro I ordered from Amazon super early this morning shipped today and will arrive early next week. Keep checking around - they're out there. :) 
March 21, 2011 9:02:09 PM

pval said:
There are some Asus 1155 ver.3 (b3) boards in stock at TechNPS http://www.technps.com/computer-hardware/motherboards/. I had never heard of these guys before so I did some digging around. I found out they are a sister company of Digital Storm Custom PCs http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ , which sells high end gaming PCs, and they are located in the same building in Fresno, CA. TechNPS makes some of the RAM for these machines from what they told me. And these seems to be true based on some forum searches I did here on Tom's. I looked on the Digital Storm website and a lot of the machines available there have the B3 Asus boards, so I am assuming this is how TechNPS has access to these board already.

I ordered a P8P67 after speaking with someone on the phone(twice, they answered right away both times) at TechNPS, at the time they said they had 14 of these boards in stock ready to go. After checking again just a minute ago they are out of stock on these, BUT they still have some Deluxe boards with the revised stepping. I would have posted sooner but I was waiting for my Tom's new member confirmation email!

Anyway, before I ordered I asked them when the motherboard would ship if I ordered today and they said it would go out later this afternoon. My tracking number was already showing my item had entered the system a few hours ago so that is reassuring. So anyway just wanted to share my info with anyone else looking for a Sandy Bridge board.

I can't wait to get my machine built. It's been a long time coming and I am sick of looking at all the un-opened Newegg boxes in my room!


Thanks Pval!!! I ordered my P8P67-M Pro from Technps over the weekend, called them this afternoon, they checked, found they had it, and it's already shipped ups, supposed to get it on Wednesday!!!


SRG :) 
March 22, 2011 1:28:28 PM

mi6430 said:
Guys, I just received an email from Tigerdirect on my Deluxe board. its states that the item is in backorder and I will receive it when they get it in their warehouse, they do not mention a date. It also give me an option to cancel. I dont know if I should cancel. They have handled this whole procedure in a back handed way since they never stated backorder on their sales page, no one knew about it until they made the purchase. If Newegg had it I wouldn't hesitate to cancel.

What do you guys think, should i wait?




EXACTLY what just happened to me too.... I just called Tiger, and the lady I spoke with says she's going to talk to her supervisor about it because they are getting a lot of complaints about it.

Heck, at least newegg SHOWS their B.O. on something!

I knew it was too good to be true!


I think I will cancel my order and cough up elsewhere for a sabertooth.
March 22, 2011 7:07:31 PM

I'm still waiting around them to come off backorder on Newegg and Tigerdirect. Ordered myself a P8P67 Deluxe from Tiger the other day disappointed to find out from an e-mail its on back order. Anyone know when full retail is going to come back? I know it was previously stated in April but is that still true?
March 22, 2011 9:14:58 PM

Bradygames said:
I'm still waiting around them to come off backorder on Newegg and Tigerdirect. Ordered myself a P8P67 Deluxe from Tiger the other day disappointed to find out from an e-mail its on back order. Anyone know when full retail is going to come back? I know it was previously stated in April but is that still true?



I hate to say it, but I think you're in the same boat as many of the rest of us. Neither Tiger or Newegg can tell us when they will have more. I've asked both of them and all they tell me is that you just have to keep checking online. Right now its basically a free for all with these P67 mobos, and the lucky ones that are checking the sites non stop seem to be finding them.

I had an MSI board in my "shopping cart" at newegg the other day and by the time I'd finished completing all the parts I needed for my build the damn thing was gone! :fou: 

Best of luck to you, if you have patience and can wait I'd guess you will have your board at a fair price by the middle of next month.
March 24, 2011 12:34:14 AM

Just to let you guys know, Tech NPS came through for me, I got my Asus P8P67-M Pro today. Thanks again to Pval, for giving us the info and link.

srg
March 25, 2011 2:15:22 PM

Hello new friends. I too am "patiently" waiting for the supply channel to ease up on an ASUS motherboard. I plan to order from either Newegg or Amazon where I'm a Prime member with free 2 day shipping.

I do have a question without trying to hi-jack this thread. Have any of you compromised with another board in the ASUS line and not regretted it?

I may be unnecessarily hypnotized by all one gets with the Deluxe, yet not be at a level necessitating it. I have no idea what I will use front USB 3.0 for NOW for instance and going to the back of a case isn't an inconvenience for me usually.

I'm pretty certain I'm going to splurge on the P8P67 Deluxe with all its bells and whistles (comes with USB 3.0 bracket, LED trouble codes, onboard switches, resets galore). I will be new to overclocking, so all the help I can get may be worth it if something goes wrong.

1 week ago my primary work from home machine failed me at the motherboard level, an AMD 7750 Black Edition in a Shuttle case/power/MOBO. It was my first partial build you could say. I had to take it in for diagnostics to confirm my suspician that it was at the MOBO level. $20.00 bench test here in FL if you can believe that.

I've spent the better part of my time researching the crud out of CPU, case, PSU, RAM and CPU cooler. Really the only things I can salvate are my Seagate 1.5 TB drive and DVD burner. I'm going to purchase the Intel 120GB SSD drive to really speed up typical tasks and bootup time.

The results of all my research:

*CPU: having a hard time with this one, may just go i5 2500K to save some money. I can spare some extra seconds on what few programs I have that might take advantage of hyperthreading?
*Case: Cooler Master SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Storm Scout ATX/MATX/ITX Mid Tower Case (Black)
*CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 cooler (Looks cool, but might not fit?)
*RAM: Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D Dominator 6 GB 3 x 2 GB PC3-12800 1600MHz 240-Pin DDR3 Core i7 Memory Kit
*PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750-Watt HX Professional Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Core i7 and Core i5

I'm open to suggestions on the above list, by the way (again without trying to hi-jack the thread).

Lastly, I may just order from Tech NPS today. I'm getting pretty impatient to be back on my own system (using the wife's right now!)
a c 107 V Motherboard
March 25, 2011 3:42:04 PM

If you get a Sandy Bridge CPU, that Corsair triple-channel kit is the wrong memory to get. With an odd number of RAM sticks, H67/P67 boards revert to single-channel operation.

A 4GB or 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600 CL9 kit will suffice, and give the best bang for your buck.
March 26, 2011 12:47:06 PM

I would just go with the 8GB RAM since it uses Dual channel as Leaps-from-Shadows states. I would get a 1 pack of 2x 4GB ram and just use that. That's what i decided to do with my I7 2600K cpu and ASUS MOBO.
!