Where Are All The 1155 Motherboards?

Jus136

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
In desperate need of a 1155 motherboard, but the ones on Newegg are all micro ATXs, what the heck? And they are made from Biostar...

omnisome

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2010
There are very few Sandy Bridge (1155-socket) motherboards being sold right now becase of the Intel recall in January. Reason being that there was a defect in the SATA2 ports; Full retail in April.

dimamu15

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
There are some other brands emerging.... Yet VERY slowly...

Is it because they simple didn't received them yet? I am little scared by such a slow appearance of 1155 motherboards on the retail market. Waiting till April is a torture really!

TheGlow

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
I think biostar cut all the atx in half to get more micros on the market.
Last week newegg did have up the asus ones, said open box. 1 for each of the 1155 asus models. I assume they were opened for marketing and pictures or some such.
I was about to buy it when my internet died.
By the time it came back, I went to browse for a case and said it was sold. $50 less for open box, i would take the risk...

pval

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
There are some Asus 1155 ver.3 (b3) boards in stock at TechNPS http://www.technps.com/computer-hardware/motherboards/. I had never heard of these guys before so I did some digging around. I found out they are a sister company of Digital Storm Custom PCs http://www.digitalstormonline.com/ , which sells high end gaming PCs, and they are located in the same building in Fresno, CA. TechNPS makes some of the RAM for these machines from what they told me. And these seems to be true based on some forum searches I did here on Tom's. I looked on the Digital Storm website and a lot of the machines available there have the B3 Asus boards, so I am assuming this is how TechNPS has access to these board already.

I ordered a P8P67 after speaking with someone on the phone(twice, they answered right away both times) at TechNPS, at the time they said they had 14 of these boards in stock ready to go. After checking again just a minute ago they are out of stock on these, BUT they still have some Deluxe boards with the revised stepping. I would have posted sooner but I was waiting for my Tom's new member confirmation email!

Anyway, before I ordered I asked them when the motherboard would ship if I ordered today and they said it would go out later this afternoon. My tracking number was already showing my item had entered the system a few hours ago so that is reassuring. So anyway just wanted to share my info with anyone else looking for a Sandy Bridge board.

I can't wait to get my machine built. It's been a long time coming and I am sick of looking at all the un-opened Newegg boxes in my room!

mi6430

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
I dont know if Pval is working for Technps since I noticed he made the same exact comment on various other forums. But TEchNPs is a complete joke, I called this morning and confirmed with their tech support to make sure they had the ASUS deluxe p787 in to which they said yes, I made the order and called back in the afternoon to re-confirm where another tech support guy said he does not have any in and will restock on the 11th of March. Obviously, I canceled the order immediately. NewEgg is the only way to go.

pval

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
Well I am not an employee of TechNPS, and I originally found out about them from an alert I set up on slickdeals to let me know of any Asus motherboards deals. Someone started a thread about finding some 1155 motherboards, which is where I posted the same info there as I did here. Whether you believe me or not I guess doesn't matter, I was just trying to be helpful to other people. I rarely post to forums, but a lot of other people have given a lot of good info so I just wanted to help.

If anyone is curious my motherboard is now scheduled to be delivered tomorrow according to UPS. I will post some more info about the condition of the board and any other info that comes up about dealing with this company. Like I said I had never heard of them before.

And I totally agree about Newegg, all the rest of the purchases for my PC are from them. But I just didn't want to wait any longer for the Asus boards.

bunkie21

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011

Curious, when I use their guided search it shows only one result. However when I search for "ASUS p67 1155" it returns an entire page of results. What gives?

I want/need one of these boards however I dont want to buy the wrong version for my 2500k and have to deal with that hassle. I may just wait a week for newegg to have some. :sweat:

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
I just want to let you know that when new MB will arrive it may show rev 1.0 or 1.01 on it ..don't freak out like i did, apparently the rev. stays the same ,so as long as rev. B3 shows
in CPU-Z you good to go

pnuker

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Arghghghg just found out the deluxe p8p67 i ordered from tigerdirect is backordered........they didn't even bother telling me!

Any other places out there that have them in stock right now?

Ace209

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Same thing happen to me. Nowhere on Tigerdirect site it says that it is on backorder. Bummer but there was only one thing that came out of it or should I say 2 things is that I order my board & was $10 cheaper. In 2 days the price went up.

pval

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011

Thanks for the tip. Just ran CPU-Z and it is legit B3. I had freak out moment too, because the board didn't have the special B3 sticker even though the box was labeled correctly. All is well.

mi6430

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011

same here, I ordered without knowing it was back ordered 2 days ago. If by tomorrow they do not ship and somehow, neweggs gets them, then I may cancel. TigerDirect is ok as far as customer service but they should indicate backorder on their sales page. Its false advertisement.