Strange mouse freezing problem

Mudkipz

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
My problem is that when I'm either playing games or the computer has been on for a while my mouse will start lagging. The lag is odd, because every so often my mouse stops working (can't move or click) and it will stay in that for state for about 1-2 seconds before it releases. When it releases the cursor jumps to where it would have ended up if it hadn't locked up.

I fixed the problem once by resetting the CMOS, but it ended up happening again and it just keeps getting worse and worse over time. I've ran ~12 passes of memtest86, I've done a full diagnostic on my hard drive, but I still don't know the problem. I don't think it can be the mouse because it only happens when the computer is under load.

So far this is what I've tried:
-Memtest (no errors)
-Hitachi HDD Drive Diagnostic (no errors)
-Reset CMOS (temporary fix)
-Changed memory timings (5-4-4-15 to 5-5-5-15), didn't work
-Raising the voltage from 1.9v to 2.1v, no effect
-Reformatting
-Tried Vista 32 and Win7 32/64

Specs:
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
600W PSU
Intel Core2 Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
2x 2GB OCZ SLI RAM on dual channel
1TB Hitachi HDD
EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX+

Mouse is Razer Deathadder

98ZJUSMC

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010

I was having the same problem on new build with fairly fresh install of XP MC Pro. I messed up the chipset driver install and had to clear the BIOS. It's working fine now, but we'll see. I am going to load 7 Home Premium on a separate HDD. Should be smoother there. My guess is chipset drivers. I've read where it's best to load/update them on a fresh OS install. I didn't. Oh well.

98ZJUSMC

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Well, I thought I solved my similar problem. Nope. Mouse is freezing randomly, the sound also gets garbled like line interference and the CPU usage and temp go way up +8-10 Celcuis. Happens for about 3-4 seconds then, all is well. O/S is Windows XP MC Pro.

So far, no happening in Windows 7 Home Prem. Haven't been there in a few days since I am gaming in XP.

Corn-fused now.

Well,...... that's my normal state.

Mouse is a USB Logitech. Driver is the generic MS driver.