Case fan question (Cooler Master R4)

goodwidp

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Just wanted to get some opinions on these fans. I already have one on my Hyper 212+ acting as push, but I was thinking about picking up a few more to use as intake and exhaust fans. My local Microcenter has them for 50% off, so I'd like to grab some while this deal is happening. The specs look pretty good (90cfm, 2000rpm, 19 dBA etc...) and I actually like the blue led look from my other fans. Any thoughts?

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0310672

goodwidp

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting 4 of them due to the low price. It's rare you can get 4 pretty decent fans for under 24$ total. I plan to use one as a front intake and will use another to replace a cheap Rocketfish fan I bought from best buy as a top exhaust. I was wondering if I should use one on my Hyper 212+ so that it's using matching fans. Right now I have 2 fans on the 212+ for push/pull, but one is a older R4 I got a few weeks ago and the other is the stock CM fan that comes with the 212+. Would it be better to replace the stock fan with another R4 so I have fans with matching specs or will that not really make a difference? Thanks again for the responses. Much appreciated.