Sabertooth x58 keeps restarting

Siefer

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Hi,
I have a problem with my PC aqnd was hoping someone here could help me out.
I have a Sabertooth X85 I7 950 With x3 2GB of Corsair Dominator GT Ram and Geforce GTX 465 running Windows 7 ULT X64

My computer has been running fine. I did this build about 5 months ago. I woke up this morning and the PC was in constant reboot mode. No bios no POST nothing on the screen what-so-ever. The computer turns on then about 5 seconds later shuts off and goes through the same cycle over and over until I hold the power button or remove the power cord. I have noticed that the Red LED next to MemOK is lit up. When I press the MemOK button it pc will restart and the LED will blink then the PC just restarts into its loop again. If I press and HOLD the MemOK button the PC remains on and the LED stays lit, but as soon as I let go of the button the LED blinks for about 5 seconds then the PC goes right back into reboot mode.
I have tried removing everything from the PC case and put it back togeather 1 piece at a time. If there is no RAM in the slots the PC will stay on but nothing will appear on the screen. I have no other RAM to test and see if for some strange reason my RAM went bad. No other lights stay on during the short duration that the PC is on. Every restart the CPU light comes on for a brief second then disappears but as far as I know this is normal. I seem to be stuck here guys. Is there any solution to this problem of mine that I am having.
Again thank you in advance for the help.

Eagle Eye_54

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011

The only suggestion I can make is go to the ASUS website. Checkout their forum first and see if other have complained about this and perhaps there is a fix posted. The specific forum for the Sabertooth x58 is where I would start looking. If that is not any help, I would contact your area service center for repair.

All the best.

superkikim

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Hi,

I have the exactly same problem this morning. My computer was running fine until last night. This morning, I just got one POST and then, power reset on a loop with no post, and CPU, RAM and PCI-E led flashing...

Even without CPU/Graphic card/RAM, it does the same.

Tried CMOS reset, and battery removed. Same problem...

Got to be the MOBO or the PSU :-(

I have a spare PSU somewhere, have to try this :-(

This sucks !!!

djtohkee

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011

did you ever figure out what was wrong? i have same motherboard and its doing the same thing. but mine doesn't even turn on, it just turns on for a split second then restarts over and over.