Sign in with
Your question

NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller - Cooling Issue ... PLZ Help!!!

Last response: in Components
August 10, 2010 8:08:41 PM

Hi guys,
I have an NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller. The probelm is that i am worried that i did not set up the fans of my case correctly, and i think i dont have my temperature sensors of the sentry put at the correct places. So i was hoping if you guys can help and tell me how the fans should work as (like intake or exhaust) and where to put them for best cooling and airflow. Also it will be great if someone can tell me where to put this temperature sensors...and if someone does not use the automatic function but the manual - so what rates should the fans work. And one more thing...what are the fans that i should connect the NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller too? Well thanks alot guys...i just want the best airflow and the best cooling i can get with this.
By the way here is some information of my computer if you need it:

Mainboard: M3N72-D
Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9850 Black Edition at 2.5 Ghz
Memory: 4gb DDR2 Ram and Hard Drive: 500gb
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD4850
Power Supply: Corsair TX650 Watt (it's at the bottom of the case)
Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower.
I have a big exhaust fan on top, an exhaust fan in the back/rear, a big intake fan in the front (bottom), and a big intake fan on the side panel.

THANKS!!!
a b ) Power supply
August 10, 2010 8:22:15 PM

the base config of the haf 932 is set up nicely, so keep it how it is.

I would place the temp sensors at your cpu, your gpu, your hard drive and the fourth anywhere in the case for general case temp.

I would connect the case fans to the controller and connect your HSF fan to the mobo
m
l
August 10, 2010 10:01:49 PM

i am not sure if the setup that i have is the base configuration...could you tell me what it should be? also the other thing is that the temperature sensors have numbers which corresponds to the fan connected.... so can you tell me the setup in the number relationship...like for example temperature sensor 1 to side fan at gpu for instance, whatever...
and one more thing, if i would want to use manual speeds, what should be the rates of the fans at their locations?
thanks alot
m
l
a b ) Power supply
August 10, 2010 10:04:27 PM

the setup you described (I have a big exhaust fan on top, an exhaust fan in the back/rear, a big intake fan in the front (bottom), and a big intake fan on the side panel) is the base config

as for the sensor numbers, just put them in the order i listed in my post above (#1 for cpu, #2 for gpu, etc...)

manual rates are a matter of personal preference. find a speed that isn't too loud for you, but still provides enough air flow to keep everything cool
m
l
!