Your question

Hardware issue installing Win7

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Hardware Issue
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 10, 2010 1:28:54 AM

Hello all, any help would be much appreciated!

Specs:
EVGA E758 X58
Intel I7 920
AMD ATI 5770
Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3
WD Caviar Black 640GB

I am trying to score Windows 7 Pro64bit over my already existing Windows 7 installation just to be able to do a clean install. I built system this around 6 months ago but I am having an issues installing Win7 again. I insert the disk and it loads up and before it gets to the installation screen it just locks up and i cant move the mouse or the the keyboard. I've even waited about 10 mins to see if something happens. THis is what it looks like:

So I swapped the cdrom drives to see if maybe it was having a problem reading the disk but nothing. Then i tried a different win7 cd and still no good. My next thought was to check the ram with memtest 86+. A question was should I test each stick individually or all 3 together? Any other suggestions on how to get this installed would be greatly appreciated.

More about : hardware issue installing win7

June 10, 2010 2:09:58 AM

test it all 3 together, and if it shows up bad do 1 at a time and find out which ones bad.
m
l
June 10, 2010 11:32:57 PM

Ok I tested the ram and it seems to be working properly. What is a tool to test the processor is workig correctly with all its cores?
m
l
Related resources
June 11, 2010 12:17:30 AM

do you oc? if so set it to default settings. also, reset the bios by using the jumper or removing the battery for a while...
m
l
June 11, 2010 6:44:28 AM

No I have not bothered to OC until i purchase a better cpu fan. Im at a loss guys any advice?
m
l
June 11, 2010 1:29:47 PM

prime 95 test all the cores and then sum.. Try a different disk maybe there's a file corrupted on the CD
m
l
!