Know any crossfire capable AM3 motherboard?

tyraneth

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
looking at shogun 2's recommended system requirements and battlefield3(yikeys!) am thinking of building a new rig from scratch. (with shogun 2's system req as the minimum boarderline.)

shogun2 recommended specs
2nd Generation Intel® Core™i5 processor (or greater), or AMD equivalent
2GB RAM (XP), 4GB RAM (Vista / Windows7)
AMD Radeon HD 5000 and 6000 series graphics cards or equivalent DirectX 11 compatible graphics card
1280×1024 minimum screen resolution
20GB free hard disk space

since i assume that if this game can run on max settings with the rig am gona build, it could last atmost, 5years before i have to save up and make a new rig again.

i have been scouring the net and abusing google for hours looking for stuff. i thought that its time to ask people's thoughts.

(not that i dont like intel, its just that im after the AMD mobo, AMD processor, ATI graphics card thing. i like how things in the rig coexist if you know what i mean)

i dont do much overclocking. just basic overclock. (just a thought for what mobo you might suggest)

as for the price. im not rolling in dough nor do i want the cheapest thing in the bin. more of a bang for you buck kinda price.

*any input on what motherboard to get? AM3 ddr3 crossfire (since i plan to start from there. i feel that the mobo is the most important since it dictates what kind of cpu, graphics cards and ram it can take, plus its the least changeable thing on the rig)

*for the processor? (an AMD equivalent thats above i5, compatible with the mobo)

*for the graphics card? (feel free to express yourself. as long as its crossfire capable =) )

(the inputs in this post could help alot of people who want to build/buy a new rig.)

tyraneth

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
i did some research on that. it seems i5 2500k would fit me. (sadly am not well versed in overclocking so i feel i wouldnt be giving justice to the AMD cpu in maximizing its potential) thank you very much for the inputs.