Sign in with
Your question

I need help getting a new case to help cool things down

Last response: in Systems
June 10, 2010 7:44:58 AM

a coolmaster haff 922 or 932

More about : case cool things

June 10, 2010 7:46:30 AM

Hello, I recently put together an i7 930 system, see my signature for more details. My temps are really warm, I really want to cool things down, also I need more room in my case. This is my case I have right here on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Anyway I was wondering if there is a case that is stylish that would decrease my temps by a good amount? My Megahalems CPU cooler almost touches my side panel on this case so I am not able to put up my side fan, also I can't fit all of my hard drives and there is no room for cable management so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a case with a side window where I can see my video card and heatsink for my cpu.

I want to make sure that I have the best cooling possible. This case I have right now I have a 120MM fan blowing in from the front but not much air gets through, I have an antec spot cooler facing my northbridge on my GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard to cool it down (this thing runs hot! idles at 50-55C and 60C when it's really hot in my room) I want to get a case that has a vent on the top and where I can fit a lot of fans. I want to make sure that the case isn't flimsy and will be good enough. I am hoping I might be able to get something for 100-200$ I would rather stay under 150 but if there is a case that's really good looking and has good air flow I would spend more.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks a lot!
m
l
June 10, 2010 8:11:21 AM

Yea I was checking that case out, I love it except for there is no side window, you can see through it but not clearly. Do you think a case like that would drop my cpu and northbride temps at all?
m
l
Related resources
June 10, 2010 8:19:55 AM

it depends. there are some haff 922 that has a clear side window. the others with the mesh side window. just pick out the one with the clear side.
m
l
June 10, 2010 8:25:22 AM

The HAF cases are true to their name, they have epic airflow, although I thought that the Soprano wasn't too bad. Note that the HAF 932 does come with a massive 230mm fan IIRC.
m
l
June 10, 2010 8:35:12 AM

The HAF is a popular case amongst gamers and OCers for a good reason - if that case can't keep a good air flow to keep things cool then I would say there was an issue with one of your components causing way too much heat (or maybe you just have a GTX480 :D  )
m
l
June 10, 2010 8:54:06 AM

One of the CM HAF cases, by all means.

Antec 900, 902, and 1200 are also good, but the CM cases are easy to work with.
m
l
June 10, 2010 10:50:29 AM

+1 to the Haf 922, great case
m
l
June 10, 2010 11:51:16 AM

The CM HAF's for sure i have a 902 and you will not be able to mount a side fan with a 160mm cpu cooler.
Tried that no go !
m
l
!