Big noob here wants to know what brand ATI 5770 I should buy

resinmage

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Does it matter? I know now i need to get my hands on an ATI 5770 that seems to be the best for my dell studio 540 quad core 9400.
How do I know what brand to get? Also Im concerned about heat. Is it ok to leave the case open and clean it every week with air spray?
Could I buy somthing to keep it cool? point a fan at the inside of my case why I play?

baverdi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Look at warranties. XFX is double lifetime so whoever you sell it to get the same warranty.

Not to promote that brand, but my card was running hot and I sent xfx a pm. Me being stupid went out and bought a new HSF and the temps were fine, but they pm'ed me back and said we should set up an rma.

There are companies that stand by there product and some that hide.

Aircraft123

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2008
I have also been a fan of Sapphire - their tech support has been great every time I have needed them and their cards have a 3 year warranty I believe. They are, more often than not, the least expensive out of all of the board vendors AND their Vapor-x coolers are excellent.

Not to bash XFX - I have 2 4890s from them (referance) and both have been excellent albeit very poor overclockers. I am led to believe that these are just binned 4870s. I can't even get 875 core out of the 900mhz GPU. They do work flawlessly at factory settings though so I guess I can't complain.

do you know if I can run eyefinity on 2 19" LCDs and 1 24"?

I can't find a definitive answer