Problem running TRAOD on a laptop. Can anyone help?

Linus

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

I've installed TRAOD on a Dell 5160 laptop. The game seems to start fine,
including running the startup movie, but when Lara starts to talk she sounds
like a chipnumk. Is there a patch to remedy this? Thank you for any help.
--

Linus

does the laptop have a setting for; hardware accelleratated sound? if so try
setting it to none.
rex
"Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
> I've installed TRAOD on a Dell 5160 laptop. The game seems to start fine,
> including running the startup movie, but when Lara starts to talk she
> sounds
> like a chipnumk. Is there a patch to remedy this? Thank you for any help.
> --
>
> Linus

Linus

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Not sure about the sound accelerator, but I'll certainly check that out.
Thank you for the suggestion!
--
:)

Linus

"Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> does the laptop have a setting for; hardware accelleratated sound? if so
try
> setting it to none.
> rex
> "Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
> > I've installed TRAOD on a Dell 5160 laptop. The game seems to start
fine,
> > including running the startup movie, but when Lara starts to talk she
> > sounds
> > like a chipnumk. Is there a patch to remedy this? Thank you for any
help.
> > --
> >
> > Linus

It happens on desktops as well, though mine's a laptop as well. Get the V52
patch at http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/patchinfo.html?ptid=67 to
get rid of the time discrepency problem too.

WY

"Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> does the laptop have a setting for; hardware accelleratated sound? if so
> try setting it to none.
> rex
> "Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in message
>> I've installed TRAOD on a Dell 5160 laptop. The game seems to start fine,
>> including running the startup movie, but when Lara starts to talk she
>> sounds
>> like a chipnumk. Is there a patch to remedy this? Thank you for any help.
>> --
>>
>> Linus

ceebee

"Linus" <linus@dnsonline.net> wrote in alt.games.tombraider:

> I've installed TRAOD on a Dell 5160 laptop. The game seems to start
> fine, including running the startup movie, but when Lara starts to
> talk she sounds like a chipnumk. Is there a patch to remedy this?
> Thank you for any help. --

Stop feeding her acorns.

http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/search.html?gmid=134

--
CeeBee

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Linus

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Sure want to thank you for this URL. It looks as though they have the answer
to my audio speed problem with TRAOD.
--
:)

Linus