How to tell if your GTX 260 is 55nm?

hustler539

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Hey guys, wondering if someone familiar with the GTX 260 cards could help me out. I recently purchased a used BFG GTX 260 to replace a dead(and outdated) card in my system. I bought it under the assumption it was a 55nm card. The hs cover says 'GTX 260 MAXCORE 55' on it and judging by the screws on the back and everything else, I would say it's never been tampered with.

On the back of the card is a label with the cards model# and barcode.
The model number is:

bfgrgtx260mc896oce

and under the barcode, reads:

Looking up the model number on the BFG website I get this:
http://bfgtech.com/bfgrgtx260mc896oce.aspx
which has no mention of a 55nm fabrication and also the cover on the picture of that card only reads 'GTX 260 MAXCORE'.
I know bios' can be flashed so I don't wanna rely on that and I would also rather figure this out before I install it into my pc.
I am a little confused as to which card I actually have. :??:
I know bios' can be flashed so I don't wanna rely on that and I would also rather figure this out before I install it into my pc.
Is there any noticeable distinction between the 55nm and the other card(I think the older one is 65nm)?

If anyone could help me out with this I would be very thankful! :bounce:

hustler539

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
Hmm, guess I'll put it in my rig and try GPU-Z. Not sure how I would go about measuring the die lol, although maybe theres an imprint on the chip itself I can look up. I usually put AS5 under all my cards/processors, so I guess I could check it out then. Thanks guys