Cd (IDE) and CD-RW (scsi) suddenly not working

I noticed that my CD (IDE) and CD-RW (scsi) are suddenly not working. I see
the little yellow ! in the device manager.

The device manager, properties reads "Windows cannot start this hardware
device because the configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete
or damaged (code 19)".

I tried uninstalling from the device manager and add new hardware. Still
get the same result.

I tried uninstalling and rebooting. Ditto!

I tried updating drivers... Ditto! I get there are no newer drivers
available.

When you look at the Instance Id and the Hardware Id under Device Manager,
Properties, Details; they look corrupted.

I've tried everything short of deleting every reference in the registry.
With all the class ids, I dont' know if I have to go through and delete
every thing that relates?

I'm stuck...

This article may help.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Mr Mike" wrote:
|I noticed that my CD (IDE) and CD-RW (scsi) are suddenly not working. I
see
| the little yellow ! in the device manager.
|
| The device manager, properties reads "Windows cannot start this hardware
| device because the configuration information (in the registry) is
incomplete
| or damaged (code 19)".
|
| I tried uninstalling from the device manager and add new hardware. Still
| get the same result.
|
| I tried uninstalling and rebooting. Ditto!
|
| I tried updating drivers... Ditto! I get there are no newer drivers
| available.
|
| When you look at the Instance Id and the Hardware Id under Device Manager,
| Properties, Details; they look corrupted.
|
| I've tried everything short of deleting every reference in the registry.
| With all the class ids, I dont' know if I have to go through and delete
| every thing that relates?
|
| I'm stuck...

Thanks for your help. The article solved my problem...

Good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.