Sign in with
Your question

5770 and weird "artifacts"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 5, 2010 3:18:31 AM

Hi,
I've an ASUS EAH 5770 CuCore. The PC is rock solid and all is smooth except for the fact that most games shows strange flickering textures in some specific parts of a game graphic. It only happen when I'm moving. If I stop then problem disappear until I move again the character.
The other issue I saw were white dots in an specific area of the game.
As I had in the past GPU that started to give me artifacts, I ran ATI Tool in search of artifacts for three hours and it found nothing. I also ran OCCT test 2 hours and all OK without problems.
My old Radeon 4850 started with artifacts and it failed ATI Tools with artifacts within one minute.
I recognize that I can live with these issues, but I'm confused as what is going on. I also tested my RAM and no problem. PC is stable and quick.

See artifacts:
Please see the flickering texture in front of you. Also note that it only affect a little portion.
I didn't uploaded it to Youtube as the quality is low and no white dots are observed. So you can download it.

What do you think? Strangely a failed GPU didn't pass ATI Tool, OCCT and FurMark like this :S

More about : 5770 weird artifacts

May 5, 2010 12:25:29 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. I have seen stuff like that for years on most games. Little errors in rendering between two meshes. A wall just a little to close to the edge of another wall.
Now if you were getting big triangles or areas with very odd coloring I would be worried. The little stuff you have is nothing to worry about.
m
l
September 21, 2010 5:24:05 PM

im also having EAH 5770 , installing Version 8.751 drivers from asus site
http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=A3e6oK1t64p0v2bZ&...

removed artifacts from "The Witcher", (it didnt get fixed for 10.9 drivers from AMD for me)

i have another problem, games are playable in high resolutions, maya rendering goes fine too, but whenever im installing a software while watching a video, my pc freezes, cant do both at the same time. do have a problem like that?
m
l
!