Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Palit quality

Tags:
  • Palit
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 5, 2010 7:14:20 AM

Ir it true that palit graphic cards are a bit cheaper than most others because of their not very good quality?

More about : palit quality

May 5, 2010 8:12:00 AM

I would not get a Palit card, if you look closely compared to an Evga, Sapphire, or XFX card one can tell that the plastic usedo n the casing, the board itself nd heatsinks are a tad bit vanilla and feel cheaper. The coolers in general are flimsy looking and the fan heatsinks look like the stock heatsinks that come with intel cpus....

In my opinion just get another brand if you can... even if its a tad bit more in price
Related resources
May 5, 2010 9:55:37 AM

liquidsnake718 said:
I would not get a Palit card, if you look closely compared to an Evga, Sapphire, or XFX card one can tell that the plastic usedo n the casing, the board itself nd heatsinks are a tad bit vanilla and feel cheaper. The coolers in general are flimsy looking and the fan heatsinks look like the stock heatsinks that come with intel cpus....

In my opinion just get another brand if you can... even if its a tad bit more in price



Palit is cheaper you know. I have a 7600GT and a 3870 that still works. My friend though had an 8800GTS 320MB that died on him before.

Price wise, Evga, Sapphire, XFX are in a different league, Palit would always be second to those brands.

Palit is only comparable to the cheaper brands, i.e. Inno3d. For the price though, they usually work and last pretty long.
May 5, 2010 11:24:02 AM

liquidsnake718 said:
I would not get a Palit card, if you look closely compared to an Evga, Sapphire, or XFX card one can tell that the plastic usedo n the casing, the board itself nd heatsinks are a tad bit vanilla and feel cheaper. The coolers in general are flimsy looking and the fan heatsinks look like the stock heatsinks that come with intel cpus....

In my opinion just get another brand if you can... even if its a tad bit more in price


Have you actually ever owned a Palit card?

I had a HD4870 512MB Palit sonic dual editon, it ran great was almost silent and cooled very well, And wasn't flimsy or cheap looking at all.
Its still going strong in my brother's PC now.

The only thing I have against Palit is their 1 year warranty which, lets be honest is terrible.
May 5, 2010 11:40:12 AM

If the board is a reference board then it will probably be the same quality as any other brand's reference board. Once you start looking at 3rd party designs the differences begin to show. Palit make some very solid boards with good aftermarket cooling for alot less money than other brands (sometimes alot less than other brands' reference cards), although that's likely due to the shorter warranty period as well as the fact that Palit have a massive production capacity compared to other brands. I don't mind the short warranty periods because here in Australia it's the norm to have only 1-2 years, and the card is due for replacement not long after 1 year anyway due to obsolescence.

The only thing Palit haven't got right (at least for Western markets) is the company mascot. It's a robotic frog :lol: 
May 5, 2010 11:55:24 AM

randomizer said:
The only thing Palit haven't got right (at least for Western markets) is the company mascot. It's a robotic frog :lol: 


Yup, one of the stranger mascots for a vcard manufacturer. Though in most cases, for Palit you're much more interested on the card itself, and you'll probably store or throw away the box.
May 5, 2010 12:33:50 PM

randomizer said:
If the board is a reference board then it will probably be the same quality as any other brand's reference board. Once you start looking at 3rd party designs the differences begin to show. Palit make some very solid boards with good aftermarket cooling for alot less money than other brands (sometimes alot less than other brands' reference cards), although that's likely due to the shorter warranty period as well as the fact that Palit have a massive production capacity compared to other brands. I don't mind the short warranty periods because here in Australia it's the norm to have only 1-2 years, and the card is due for replacement not long after 1 year anyway due to obsolescence.

The only thing Palit haven't got right (at least for Western markets) is the company mascot. It's a robotic frog :lol: 


+1

and also keep in mind that bad 1 year warranty looks bad in North America, but around the world the norm is only 2 years or so
May 5, 2010 12:37:00 PM

Sparkle have put some weirder things on their cards, like some dog thing with huge muscles that stood on two legs and held a weapon in its hands (yea, hands). I don't think it was the mascot but damn what were they thinking when they put that on the box? :o 

But as you said, for most of the "budget" cards you don't keep the box. Actually there's rarely a reason to keep the box of any card.
May 5, 2010 12:39:04 PM

mindless728 said:
+1

and also keep in mind that bad 1 year warranty looks bad in North America, but around the world the norm is only 2 years or so

North America is spoiled with so-called "lifetime warranties" that even the companies who offer these don't honour outside of NA. Here in Australia there are two things which differentiate most cards:

1) The card itself (overclocked, aftermarket designs etc)
2) The price

Everything else is about the same.
May 5, 2010 12:50:35 PM

randomizer said:
North America is spoiled with so-called "lifetime warranties" that even the companies who offer these don't honour outside of NA. Here in Australia there are two things which differentiate most cards:

1) The card itself (overclocked, aftermarket designs etc)
2) The price

Everything else is about the same.


yeah, i enjoy the lifetime, or even double lifetime warranties in the US, though i hope one of these companies will eventually offer lifetime warranty around the world (instead of just NA)
May 5, 2010 5:15:10 PM

Here is a fact about Palit.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/pf_boardpartners.html

We are board partners with NVIDIA with the rest of the top tier brands.

The think what is interesting about the US market is that it's such a 50/50 country. There will always be people who like a brand and always be somebody who complains about little things about a brand. But in the end it will come down to consumer to try the brand and see for themselves.

Here is food for thought. Maybe you should ask Evga, Sapphire, and XFX if they make their own video card? :) 

Palit have their own factory and we 100% make our own video card and design our own PCB.
May 5, 2010 5:32:26 PM

palitusa said:
Here is a fact about Palit.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/pf_boardpartners.html

We are board partners with NVIDIA with the rest of the top tier brands.

The think what is interesting about the US market is that it's such a 50/50 country. There will always be people who like a brand and always be somebody who complains about little things about a brand. But in the end it will come down to consumer to try the brand and see for themselves.

Here is food for thought. Maybe you should ask Evga, Sapphire, and XFX if they make their own video card? :) 

Palit have their own factory and we 100% make our own video card and design our own PCB.


The average consumer doesn't care who makes the PCB's, they care about warranty periods, cooling, price ETC...

You say you make and design your own cards like its a good thing, but then you back the card with just a 1 year warranty, does that show that you don't have faith in your own product?

Just some food for thought.
May 5, 2010 5:42:55 PM

We have this warranty Policy for long long time. This is world wide policy. It is what it is.

If this was such a problem we would change it. But so far it's only people who is favor of other brands that is against it. :) 

Please don't be mad.

So you are saying that you didn't know EVGA, Sapphire, and XFX don't make their own card but sells them to consumer.

I'm only bringing the 3 company up is because somebody is saying we are no better than them.
Understand that we are NVIDIA board partners for a reason. You do not see lower brand like INNO or Sparkle as a partner. So comparing us to those Tier would not be fair.

May 5, 2010 6:22:37 PM

Yes it is what it is, and what it is, is very poor.

No, its people that have the inclination to look at other AIB's like Sapphire and realise that they have a better warranty, How did you come to the conclusion that I'm mad? I didn't use Caps lock or use exclimation marks.
I simply asked a question.

No.....I'm not saying that I didn't know EVGA, Sapphire, and XFX don't make their own card but sells them to consumer. Nor do I care. If you making your own PCB's makes them better or perhaps more reliable then surely you'd show that via a long warranty period.

Well maybe your not better than EVGA, Sapphire or XFX, Personally I don't see how you are better, But I'd love to hear why.
May 5, 2010 6:34:03 PM

Of course you don't see how we are better. I don't think no matter what we have or say will change your mind. Once you are a fan then you pretty much stay loyal to that company.

Only time will tell as Palit mature in the US Market. Then we can go back into this thread and see if you still around.
May 5, 2010 6:49:21 PM

I'm not loyal to any company, I've brought from Palit, XFX Powercolour, Gigabyte and sapphire. So lets hear how Palit are better than or at least equal to EVGA, Sapphire and XFX, Don't you want to promote the best quality's Palit has to offer?

So your now just going to leave this thread without giving proper answers?

Like I said in my first post in this thread I've owned a Palit HD4870 before and was very happy with it, I'm certainly not a fan or loyal to any company nor am I anti-palit.

Just want a answer as to why you think your better, and yes I would like to hear it please
May 5, 2010 7:09:40 PM

We never mention we are better. We are different. We design our own PCB and first to design DUAL Fan on a PCB(not aftermarket). We make our product by putting quality parts. We were the first to input OS-CON capacitor before our competitors did. We like to release and sell our custom design rather than XFX/EVGA who sell their card standard PCB.
We do things differently not better. If any company claims they are better then they are just a typical company who don't know better. There will be always somebody better but there will never be a somebody who is different.

I notice same people questioning us are the same people who praise XFX/EVGA. I love you people. You guys are the best, keep it up because you are fueling Palit. VROOOM VROOOM VROOOM! :love: 





May 5, 2010 11:45:09 PM

Can we not get too much into the warranty topic again? We've already had a nasty argument over that in a previous thread in this section so you can just go look there.

@Palitusa: Do you custom design the reference boards as well? I thought they were all made pretty much the same by everyone.
May 5, 2010 11:49:52 PM

Yes, we do but we don't mass produce the reference board. One reason is because we can reduce cost by designing our own and also give it better cooling for overclocking.

Trust me. The warranty is something people will attack us on, other than that they really have nothing else to say. :) 
May 5, 2010 11:57:30 PM

That would explain why I don't see many of them then. Usually the cheapest Palit board of a particular SKU is non-reference, at least where I live.
May 6, 2010 12:52:17 AM

This topic has been closed by Palitusa
!