Hard Drive:
500GB Western Digital
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
Operating System:
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Motherboard:
ASUS P7PP55D Pro

Earlier, I was playing the 'All Points Bulletin' Beta when my computer just completely powered off without warning. When I attempted to turn my system back on, I was given the message "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

I then went into my bios to make sure that my C:// drive was still being viewed, and it was. The drive is also the #1 object in the boot order, so theres nothing that would be booting above it. My system has 3 drives, so to make sure it wasn't booting off them for some reason, I disconnected my 2 additional drives.

What steps should I take from here? I'm currently reburning my Win 7 CD to see if is something I need to repair with the disc, but until that's done I can not do anything with that.

Solution
Looks like your boot config has been wiped out by the system crash.
Load your windows 7 dvd in and do a scandisk with a bit of luck it will fix the boot config, and the MBR of the drive.

skjusto

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Well...I fixed it. It had nothing to do with anything either of us thought of. For some reason, when it crashed it made the system think my G:/ drive was my C:/ drive, and that's why it wouldn't boot.