Looking for new MB, and still use graphic card.

irpwns

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
I am looking for a new motherboard roughly in the $100 dollar range. I am interested in being able to keep my graphics card if possible.

Graphics card = Visiontek Radeon x1300 [Bus type = AGP, Bus 256bit, Memory type = 512MB DDR2] Im not sure if any of the newer motherboards support this or not, but I am hoping.

Also I would possibly like to keep my RAM is possible, but I really doubt this one. [DDR-SDRAM]

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

What are your requirements? You aren't a power user, but knowing what you use your system for would be helpful.

A motherboard that offers unlocking (most AMD motherboards do) isn't useful if you buy a quad core CPU, but it's useful if you buy a CPU like an Athlon II X3.

irpwns

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
My apologies, I use the computer for gaming, downloading, videos and internet search.

Would a mb with core unlocking be better/faster then an equal board without core unlocking? Ones with core unlocking seem to be a little bit more pricier, but if its better results then im all for it

Im looking at many different motherboards and its really hard to make a decision with so many out there. All the ones im looking at are the same speed, some allow 8gb and some 16gb or ram. A couple have built in video cards (was told that dosent really make any difference, its more of a gimic)

Again, a motherbaord with core unlocking won't be any faster if you buy a quad core CPU; it's purpose is to unlock cores in CPUs that have locked cores. If you need a real gaming system, then you need to increase your budget significantly as you'll require a decent video card and CPU, enough RAM (4GB), a fast enough hard disk, etc.

On-board video usually is fine for an office system.

There's almost no way that you could game with the hardware that you have; therefore your requirements have now changed.