==CPU Lifetime== Possible to check ???

pshemax

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Welcome , I've bought a CPU (E7500) on ebay , the seller claims that the CPU is brand NEW and just have been tested but ... it does NOT look new to me :pfff:

I was wondering... is there any way to check the lifetime ?? maybe there is some software that shows the lifetime usage of the CPU ??
does anyone have any idea ??? Hope there is something like this :??: :??:

I'll appreciate any help . Thanx ¬

pshemax

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Too bad :( looks like there is no such software to check this . ( zero replays)
I think we should be able to check it , we can do that with cell phones and iPhone , why not with CPU?
Anyway , I'm still hoping for some replays. Safe .

pshemax

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009

Right... It means that you confirm that it is not possible to check?

Yep, it is impossible to check how much life is left in a cpu. Good news is that most of them, (as long as the've not been overclocked) can still last a long time. If fact, there some people with cpu's that are 10 years or older on here.

So i dont think you'll have to worry to much. As by the time the cpu is ready to give out, you would most likely to of swapped to a newer cpu.

As for buying stuff on ebay like that.... :heink: Well i only believe them as far as i can throw them and certainly when there saying it's new.

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

^^^very true, CPUs last a very long time at stock speeds

i still have a Pentium 3 that i got about 13 years ago

pshemax

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Thanx for your help. By the way , I didn't want to know how much life is left but how long that CPU was used for. Same as when you buy cell phone by typing some code
(nokia) or simply going to settings-> usage (iPhone)
and that is truth that most cpu's are longlife. Myself I've got e5200 overclicked from 2.5 to 3.7mhz :) running perfectly for 3 years . With stock fan ;)
thanx a lot for saving my time on looking for such software.

rohn_avni

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
for cell phones(nokia) u can use or see life timer...this is the code...*#92702689#......but for the desktops processor's i don't think there is anything available to check it's life timer....maybe intel or amd people have something in there labs.........