Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 5, 2010 3:13:14 PM

Hello Tom,

If my computer is on for long time the screen of my monitor goes black. If I turn the monitor off and turn it on again the desk top comes up but after five or ten seconds it will turn black again. If the computer is off for long time and I turn it on then I can work on for longer time. But if I leave the computer on for sometime the screen goes black. what is the problem please help me. I don't know much about the hardware.
Thank you and appreciate your help.
You can answer me directly to my email.

More about : black screen

a b U Graphics card
May 5, 2010 3:45:40 PM

Something is wonky with your Power Saver settings. You haven't mentioned what Operating System you are using, but it really shouldn't matter.

Go into your Power Saving settings (Control Panel or search through Win7) and turn off your Monitor idle shut down. Get used to shutting off your monitor when you leave your computer. I have seen this happen with a lot of older computers, and there rarely seems to be a solid fix other than replacing the gpu or monitor or both, or disabling your Power saving features for your monitor.

If the problem persists after changing these settings, please les us know.
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
May 6, 2010 2:37:04 AM

Agree with JofaMang, many people face the same problem like yours, do as Jofa said above.. :) 
m
l
May 16, 2010 1:03:19 AM

JofaMang said:
Something is wonky with your Power Saver settings. You haven't mentioned what Operating System you are using, but it really shouldn't matter.

Go into your Power Saving settings (Control Panel or search through Win7) and turn off your Monitor idle shut down. Get used to shutting off your monitor when you leave your computer. I have seen this happen with a lot of older computers, and there rarely seems to be a solid fix other than replacing the gpu or monitor or both, or disabling your Power saving features for your monitor.

If the problem persists after changing these settings, please les us know.

Hello Jofamang,

Thank you very much for the solution you lhave given. I am sorry that I delayed the answer to your response. Actually I was watching the changes in the computer. I noticed that when I was waiting for the answer of my question, the problem was gone. I don't have an idea what happened but the problem is gone automatically. I did not make any changes. I was watching that for last three days and the screen does not go black now, even if I leave it on for many hours. But any how I will take your advise of turning the monitor off when I am not using it.

If the problem comes back I will ocntact again.

Thank you very much, and thanks to Tom's hardware also.

Mohammad Khan

m
l
!