windows xp wants me to work offline even though I am online.

How do I fix it? I checked the registry and those two files already are on
auto, and windows says i am offline.
5 answers Last reply
More about windows work offline online

    And the symptoms are???

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "JoshuaM" <adminjm@cox.net> wrote in message

    > --
    > How do I fix it? I checked the registry and those two files already are on
    > auto, and windows says i am offline.

    it says "You are currently working offline: Work Offline or Connect".
    somerthing like that. but i am connected the whole time.

    > And the symptoms are???
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > "JoshuaM" <adminjm@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>

    >> --
    >> How do I fix it? I checked the registry and those two files already are
    >> on auto, and windows says i am offline.

    What says, where does it say it, are you talking about Internet Explorer,
    are you talking about Outlook Express, are you talking about some other
    application, does "it" say this in any application you use while online, do
    you have a broadband connection, if yes, is it DSL or Cable or are you on a
    dialup connection? When "it" says you are working offline, are you still
    able to function in that application, are you still able to surf or whatever
    it is you normally do when you are online?

    --

    > it says "You are currently working offline: Work Offline or Connect".
    > somerthing like that. but i am connected the whole time.
    >

    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >> And the symptoms are???
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> "JoshuaM" <adminjm@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> How do I fix it? I checked the registry and those two files already are
    >>> on auto, and windows says i am offline.

    1. Internet Explorer.
    2. it does it while i am online and the last time was I downloaded a windows
    update and right after, it said i was offline. sometimes i think it pops up
    when a screensaver should(as in when I step away).
    3. I have a wireless card that runs on a router connected to a cable modem.
    4. it asks if i want to work offline and i actually haven't tried saying no,
    because a similar message pops up if i disable the internet connection, even
    if i am not doing anything(not even typing).

    > What says, where does it say it, are you talking about Internet Explorer,
    > are you talking about Outlook Express, are you talking about some other
    > application, does "it" say this in any application you use while online,
    > do you have a broadband connection, if yes, is it DSL or Cable or are you
    > on a dialup connection? When "it" says you are working offline, are you
    > still able to function in that application, are you still able to surf or
    > whatever it is you normally do when you are online?
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > "JoshuaM" <adminjm@cox.net> wrote in message
    >> it says "You are currently working offline: Work Offline or Connect".
    >> somerthing like that. but i am connected the whole time.
    >>

    >> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >>> And the symptoms are???
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >>> Windows Shell/User
    >>> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >>> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>>
    >>> "JoshuaM" <adminjm@cox.net> wrote in message

    Are you able to continue to surf when this happens, does it stop what you
    are doing or is there something you must do to restore connection to
    continue to surf, download or whatever you happen to be doing.

    Is this a recent issue, if yes, you might try using System Restore to take
    up back to a time prior to when this began. Start\All
    Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore.

    Is there anything you might have installed just prior to this starting to
    happen.

    On cable you are always on line but given that your connection is wireless,
    your setup may simply be detecting system the system being idle as being
    offline. Note, if no information is being sent over the wireless
    connection, the system may detect that as being offline.

    I'm not familiar enough with wireless to give you a good answer or even to
    know if this is normal for a wireless connection something you should have
    mentioned in your original post. You might want to take this to the
    microsoft.public.windows.networking. wireless newsgroup.

    --

    > 1. Internet Explorer.
    > 2. it does it while i am online and the last time was I downloaded a
    > windows update and right after, it said i was offline. sometimes i think
    > it pops up when a screensaver should(as in when I step away).
    > 3. I have a wireless card that runs on a router connected to a cable
    > modem.
    > 4. it asks if i want to work offline and i actually haven't tried saying
    > no, because a similar message pops up if i disable the internet
    > connection, even if i am not doing anything(not even typing).
    >
    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >> What says, where does it say it, are you talking about Internet Explorer,
    >> are you talking about Outlook Express, are you talking about some other
    >> application, does "it" say this in any application you use while online,
    >> do you have a broadband connection, if yes, is it DSL or Cable or are you
    >> on a dialup connection? When "it" says you are working offline, are you
    >> still able to function in that application, are you still able to surf or
    >> whatever it is you normally do when you are online?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> "JoshuaM" <adminjm@cox.net> wrote in message
    >>> it says "You are currently working offline: Work Offline or Connect".
    >>> somerthing like that. but i am connected the whole time.
    >>>

    >>> "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP