Hdd crash or virus?

senpepe

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
So my computer has been having problems with the hard drive it crashed and now when i start the computer up there is nothing but a single shortcut and the start menu files and everything is missing the only thing i get is a file recovery program coming up and saying i have 7 hdd issues to repair and said i need to buy the program to repair the hdd so i just got on a different computer and thought id just buy a new hdd later losing all my files :/. but just a few minutes ago the same *** happened on this comptuer saying i have 7 issues to repair again.
This is a picture i found on google because i couldnt seem to copy paste a screen shot with this problem going on so i found this its all the same but the one on my comptuer doesnt say smart.

http://postimage.org/image/ykjxfsrol/

Im also getting a system message box spamming my screen it says "A write command during the test failed to complete this may be due to media or read/write error the system generates an exception error when using reference to an invalid system memory address."

So this computer that just started having the problem still seems to be able to get on the internet for now but the other one is just messed up and only runes the file recovery so is this problem a virus an actual hard drive crash or just both and is there any kind of software i can use to fix these problems?
P.s. i have a usb drive to get any software i need to the non internet connected computer.

:bounce:

minnmc

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
I had a major virus on my computer that wiped out my hard drive. I was able to run anti virus software on my computer to remove all the infected files, but here is what i'm left with: My computer will boot up and windows will run, but all that shows is my computer, recycle bin, my user folder, and the folder with the antivirus software. If I open up my computer it will tell me that there is 38.1gb of 224 gb free, but when I open the folder, it says "folder is empty". I have tried formatting the hard drive and the computer says "unable to locate hard drive" I then tried testing the hard drive and it says "replace hard drive". if I run task manager, all the normal processes say that they are running. I'm at a loss of what to do to get my hard drive up and running again......

senpepe

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
i've been looking it up and i found out its a varius that is blocking everything but its still there and the hdd is fine i have the same black dekstop as you and its from the virus none of the fixes have worked for me yet tho.........