I am planning to build a 24x7 AMD based Windows 7 64-bit home server that my daughter will also use for High-School work (no gaming) for next two years. And I am looking for a motherboard recommendations.
I can salvage the following parts from my old computer and other leftovers:
1. Gforces 84ooGS graphics card
2. 200GB IDE drive (Thinking of using it as an OS drive)
3. 400GB IDE drive (Will hold my loss-less music)
4. 1.5TB WD Green drive (Hold torrents, videos, and other computer backups)
5. Intel PCI Pro 1Gbps half height card (added it last year. Whole house is wired for 1Gbps)
You don't mention an optical drive but if you're getting one, make sure it's sata since the asus board's pata channel will be taken by the two ide hard drives. I also doubt sata 6 will be of much benefit with the WD green drive.
I am not planning to use an optical drive. Kids don't use these things any more. And I will be happy with USB stick OS install.
On the hard drive front, I will eventually retire the IDE drives and replace them with SSD for the boot drive and SATA6 for media hard drives. Just planning for the future.