Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intermediate gamer needs help with graphics card drivers!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 5, 2010 11:17:34 PM

I just purchased my first decent desktop Dell 8100 xps studio with i7 860 and radeon 5770 and please give me a little bit of instructions on uninstalling old ati graphics driver and install new version.Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
May 6, 2010 12:19:55 AM

Go to your control panel and use the "Add and Remove Programs" function. Remove the ATI software. However, if you just go to ATI.com you will see the Download Drivers tab and you can just click on that. When you install it, it will overwrite the old driver so it's pretty easy.
m
l

Best solution

a c 144 U Graphics card
May 6, 2010 12:24:43 AM

Theoretically, you shouldn't need to uninstall your old drivers. Just install your new drivers over your old ones. If you really want to uninstall your old drivers before installing newer ones, use Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs and use the ATI Catalyst Install Manager. If you REALLY want to clean it out:

1) Download and install Driver Cleaner.
2) Download the latest ATI Drivers for your graphic card series and operating system.
3) Use ATI Catalyst Install Manager to remove your current drivers
4) Reboot your system into Safe Mode
5) Run Driver Cleaner to remove any remaining instances of ATI software*
6) Reboot your system, allowing to boot normally and install your newer driver.
7) Reboot your system once more.

-Wolf sends
Related resources
a c 189 U Graphics card
May 6, 2010 2:59:44 AM

Wolfshadw said:
Theoretically, you shouldn't need to uninstall your old drivers. Just install your new drivers over your old ones. If you really want to uninstall your old drivers before installing newer ones, use Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs and use the ATI Catalyst Install Manager. If you REALLY want to clean it out:

1) Download and install Driver Cleaner.
2) Download the latest ATI Drivers for your graphic card series and operating system.
3) Use ATI Catalyst Install Manager to remove your current drivers
4) Reboot your system into Safe Mode
5) Run Driver Cleaner to remove any remaining instances of ATI software*
6) Reboot your system, allowing to boot normally and install your newer driver.
7) Reboot your system once more.

-Wolf sends

^+1
m
l
June 6, 2010 12:10:58 AM

Best answer selected by Savannahmick.
m
l
!