60 gig solid state drive
1tb drive
dvd re write
blu ray read and write lg drive
Ati 5830 graphic card
750 watt power supply
10 gigs of Mushkin Enhanced Black Line 7-7-7-20 1.5-1.6V 998677b
Motherboard MSI x58m

My system had 6 gigs of tipple channel ram installed with NO issues or blue screens or crashes. I decided to upgrade my ram and order the SAME RAM
I tested ALL the stick with memtest one stick came back bad leaving me with 10 gigs instead of 12 gigs. I am waiting for a replacement stick

So far I have left the voltage setting on default then I had a crash. Went in and increased the voltage to 1.60 and the qpi to 1.27 . My system seem to be stable programs stopped crashing for at least a day . Then I went in to load something and bam I blue screened. Went into the bios and increased the qpi to 1.32 now I am waiting to see what happens.

I would like some input on this PLEASE. I am lost all the sticks I have installed came back with no errors and are the same. Maybe someone could help me with this. I have even tried to update my bios NO new updates.

Very often motherboards require an increase in DRAM voltage in order to have stability when occupying all of the DIMM slots. If your system is still unstable after bumping the voltage up to 1.6, try it at 1.65. Do not volt higher than 1.65, or you'll run the risk of damaging your CPU.

If still you don't have it stable, try loosening the timings.

JC918

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
The manufacture recommended I don't go past 1.60 volts on the Dram voltage. They told me to change the qpi after adding the 1.60 volts. If I need to loosen the ram timings what do you mean by this? I am pretty good with computers I am a fast learner but I have never done this

Loosening the timings means to set the latency, or timing, higher. Your timings are represented as follows:
7-7-7-20 (CAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS). To loosen them, set the numbers to 8-8-8-23. Also change your Command Rate to 2T, if not already set.

Edit: edited for grammatical errors.