External Monitor Resolution resets on reboot PLUS

Wiktor222

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I have a Toshiba laptop M45-S331 running Windows Xp Professional. I have an external monitor Samsung Sync Master 932gw. On reboot I always have to reset the screen resolution to 1440x900. In addition it takes a while for my external monitor to get a picture. My laptop monitor is not working. I just received after reboot that my firewall is turned off but when I check it is on. I am running ESET NOD 32, Spywareblaster, CCleaner, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and Hijackthis. Just removed Hijackthis. One other issue is all of a sudden I cannot get connected online. I thought that with all these programs I would be able to catch most issues but cannot get these few resolved and not sure if there other issues I don;t know about? Any Professional help would be greatly appreciated.

Wiktor222

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I do ESET NOD 32. I didn't say spy-ware can kill a monitor, what I was asking was some input on what the problem may be. I connected my laptop to another monitor and all works fine. I even tried a different VGA cable with no success. When I turn the monitor off overnight and try to turn it on next morning it does not come one automatically. When it goes into hibernation mode it will not turn on right away. I have tried to hit Fn+F5 to get the display to come on also Ctrl+Alt+F1 with no immediate success. Even tried to reboot with no immediate success.