what news and rumors?

Last response: in Video Games
February 22, 2005 10:26:16 PM

Hey to everybody who remembers me. :)

A bit of googling turned up some rumors about TR7, but I can't figure
out what the rumors are based on, if anything. All the rumors I saw
are nicely summarized at
<http://www.tombraidergirl.com/tr7/index.html&gt;.

Did any of that (other than the bit about Crystal Dynamics doing the
job) come from Eidos press releases? Interviews with Eidos employees?

Anthing more on the Toby Gard allegedly "assisting" Crystal Dynamics?

--
»Q«

More about : news rumors

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 2:08:29 PM

"»Q«" <boxcars@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hey to everybody who remembers me. :)
>
> A bit of googling turned up some rumors about TR7, but I can't figure
> out what the rumors are based on, if anything. All the rumors I saw
> are nicely summarized at
> <http://www.tombraidergirl.com/tr7/index.html&gt;.
>
> Did any of that (other than the bit about Crystal Dynamics doing the
> job) come from Eidos press releases? Interviews with Eidos employees?
>
> Anthing more on the Toby Gard allegedly "assisting" Crystal Dynamics?

Heya Mike! Good to see a well named regular pop back in :)  I haven't
heard anything new lately at all. Some of that stuff has been floating
around for the last six months, give or take a bit. I for one am
hoping for any more news at all!
McG.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 5:35:40 AM

> "»Q«" <boxcars@gmx.net> wrote in message
>> Hey to everybody who remembers me. :)
>>
>> A bit of googling turned up some rumors about TR7, but I can't figure
>> out what the rumors are based on, if anything. All the rumors I saw
>> are nicely summarized at
>> <http://www.tombraidergirl.com/tr7/index.html&gt;.
>>
>> Did any of that (other than the bit about Crystal Dynamics doing the
>> job) come from Eidos press releases? Interviews with Eidos employees?
>>
>> Anthing more on the Toby Gard allegedly "assisting" Crystal Dynamics?
>
> Heya Mike! Good to see a well named regular pop back in :)  I haven't
> heard anything new lately at all. Some of that stuff has been floating
> around for the last six months, give or take a bit. I for one am hoping
> for any more news at all!
> McG.

Sure seems strange if EIDOS is trying "soooo" hard to find out what the fans
want, that we hear nothing, oh I guess they meant their fans in the stock
markets. O_*

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!
February 24, 2005 6:52:48 AM

"Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> "»Q«" <boxcars@gmx.net> wrote in message
>>> Hey to everybody who remembers me. :)
>>>
>>> A bit of googling turned up some rumors about TR7, but I can't
>>> figure out what the rumors are based on, if anything. All the
>>> rumors I saw are nicely summarized at
>>> <http://www.tombraidergirl.com/tr7/index.html&gt;.
>>>
>>> Did any of that (other than the bit about Crystal Dynamics doing the
>>> job) come from Eidos press releases? Interviews with Eidos
>>> employees? Anthing more on the Toby Gard allegedly "assisting"
>>> Crystal
>>> Dynamics?
>>
>> Heya Mike! Good to see a well named regular pop back in :)  I
>> haven't heard anything new lately at all. Some of that stuff has
>> been floating around for the last six months, give or take a bit. I
>> for one am hoping for any more news at all!
>> McG.
>>
> Sure seems strange if EIDOS is trying "soooo" hard to find out what
> the fans want, that we hear nothing, oh I guess they meant their fans
> in the stock markets. O_*
>
> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

Yep. They'll pay attention to the 'stock barometer' and all sorts of
business modelling tools. The one thing they seem least likely to do is
pay attention to *US*. I mean HEY, after all, we're only the ones
they're needing to *spend money* on what they're developing, right? We
just can't possibly mean even so much as a drop of snot to the high and
mighty ones, eh? We're low-lifes, the dregs. Even though we've got
what they want. $$ We'll always be just too low for them.
Fu*k em, just bring the damn game out. So don't show ME off to the
public, just give me the damn game.
McG.
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 5:25:42 AM

> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "»Q«" <boxcars@gmx.net> wrote in message

>>> Heya Mike! Good to see a well named regular pop back in :)  I
>>> haven't heard anything new lately at all. Some of that stuff has
>>> been floating around for the last six months, give or take a bit. I for
>>> one am hoping for any more news at all!
>>> McG.
>>>
>> Sure seems strange if EIDOS is trying "soooo" hard to find out what
>> the fans want, that we hear nothing, oh I guess they meant their fans
>> in the stock markets. O_*
>>
>> Inu-Yasha
>> Feh!!
>
> Yep. They'll pay attention to the 'stock barometer' and all sorts of
> business modelling tools. The one thing they seem least likely to do is
> pay attention to *US*. I mean HEY, after all, we're only the ones they're
> needing to *spend money* on what they're developing, right? We just can't
> possibly mean even so much as a drop of snot to the high and mighty ones,
> eh? We're low-lifes, the dregs. Even though we've got what they want.
> $$ We'll always be just too low for them.
> Fu*k em, just bring the damn game out. So don't show ME off to the
> public, just give me the damn game.
> McG.

Hear Hear, AOD wasn't complete and had holes, but lots of it was fun, so I
agree, just bring on the darn game!! *_0

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!
Anonymous
February 26, 2005 1:31:26 AM

>> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Sure seems strange if EIDOS is trying "soooo" hard to find out what
>>> the fans want, that we hear nothing, oh I guess they meant their
>>> fans in the stock markets. O_*
>>>
>>> Inu-Yasha
>>> Feh!!
>>
>> Yep. They'll pay attention to the 'stock barometer' and all sorts of
>> business modelling tools. The one thing they seem least likely to
>> do is pay attention to *US*. I mean HEY, after all, we're only the
>> ones they're needing to *spend money* on what they're developing,
>> right? We just can't possibly mean even so much as a drop of snot
>> to the high and mighty ones, eh? We're low-lifes, the dregs. Even
>> though we've got what they want. $$ We'll always be just too low
>> for them. Fu*k em, just bring the damn game out. So don't show ME
>> off to the
>> public, just give me the damn game.
>> McG.
>>

> Hear Hear, AOD wasn't complete and had holes, but lots of it was fun,
> so I agree, just bring on the darn game!! *_0
>
> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

Yep, getting all the TR stuff to run under XP and the new vid card. I
still enjoy em :)
McG.
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 9:41:18 PM

»Q« typed:

> A bit of googling turned up some rumors about TR7, but
> I can't figure out what the rumors are based on, if
> anything. All the rumors I saw are nicely summarized at
> <http://www.tombraidergirl.com/tr7/index.html&gt;.
>
> Did any of that (other than the bit about Crystal
> Dynamics doing the job) come from Eidos press releases?
> Interviews with Eidos employees?
>
> Anthing more on the Toby Gard allegedly "assisting"
> Crystal Dynamics?

Well, many such rumours are mentioned in more depth
on TRChronicles as well:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/index.html

[click on 'browse headlines']

If Eidos are indeed looking for a buyer, they may hold off any
press releases or annoucments concerning TR7 until after the
deal is completed.

(It turns out, though, that even the 'Murdoch' takeover was a
bogus rumour from someone within Eidos, so who knows what
to believe about the game itself, eh?)

};> Matt v3.2 <:{
!