Blue Flashing

oley074

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Hello, I have recently built a computer specifically for gaming. I am running 2 9800gtx + SLI and while playing World of Warcraft I am getting some blue flashing in the background. Some people say it is heat but my bards are only running at 50 C. I have many people in game that say they are using the same setup, but with no problems. Anyone have any idea on what could be causing this problem? Thanks.

Solution
I'd contact Blizzard tech support and see if they've encountered the issue. It's quite likely they have, and highly probable they know what causes it.

Those temps are more of what I expected under load, and are acceptable. It's not a temp-related issue, but it is an SLI one, just as I first suspected. But alas, I have no cure.

oley074

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.4
8 GB Kingston HyperX Ram
WD 1TB 6.0 gb hard drive
2x 9800 gtx+ video cards
ANTEC 1000W power supply
Antec 1200 case w/ added fans

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Try using only one card at a time and see if it still happens. I have a feeling it might be something specific to SLI.

Also, what are you using to monitor the temperature and when are you checking it? Are you using GPU-Z to monitor the card during gameplay? If not, do so, and check the MAX temps reached during a game session in it's "Sensors" tab. Be sure the check the box "Continue refreshing this screen..." prior to starting up WoW. 50C seems rather low for these cards...

oley074

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Each card works fine by itself, no flashing during gameplay. I played for about an hour and temps raised to 65-72C. When I turn on SLI I get the blue flashing. I am not sure what is going on. Hmmmm

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
I'd contact Blizzard tech support and see if they've encountered the issue. It's quite likely they have, and highly probable they know what causes it.

Those temps are more of what I expected under load, and are acceptable. It's not a temp-related issue, but it is an SLI one, just as I first suspected. But alas, I have no cure.

Solution

oley074

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
8.17.11.9745 is the driver version I have at the moment. I will be contacting blizzard for sure. Thanks for all the help, I will continue to be doing some research on what the problem is because several people I play have the same setup as I do, but are not encountering this problem. Thanks again.