Lancool CP-K62 or CM Storm Sniper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orestesdd

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
It is hard to decide what case to buy to see which one accommodates the newest videos cards (for instance, the XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870). One thing I do know is that Lancool CP-K62 only can barely accommodate a 280 mm long card with a little room to spare (10 mm to spare). So how can I find out if the CM Storm Sniper can fit such video cards since I cannot find the specs for the inner room of the CM Storm Sniper? I'd appreciate all comments and/or recommedations. Thanks.

Ciao!

orestesdd

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010

I will try to see if a mid-tower can do the trick before considering a full tower. Anyhow, thanks.

G

I have the Storm Sniper case and that exact vid card and have no issues. In fact, the case is larger than you might think (you need to see it if you can). It has lots of room inside.

The Sniper has enough interior spacing to be compared to a full tower.. Comparing to the K62, the Sniper has a better airflow structure and better cable management options.. For the price, it is the best mid tower case available IMO..

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
The storm sniper has a better cooling set up and is a better over all case but if you dont want to spend the extra money,Lian li makes fine products,either way,you have chosen two awesome mid tower cases.It really boils down to what kind of up grades you are going to put in it.

Here is a Storm Sniper case with a 10.5" GTX 280. You can see that a HD 5870 @ 11" would fit without a problem.

100_0999.jpg

ares1214

Splendid
in argument of the 690 II Advanced, here:

attachment.php

it can fit 1 pretty easily, and you can easily remove the drive bay if cards get even longer. As it costs $40 less than the CM Sniper BE, you can buy a few extra fans as it has room for 10 fans, not that you need that many, or that it would be beneficial. I suggest you buy 3 120mm fans, move the 2 140mms to the side, and put 2 120mm's on top, 1 at the front. You can buy 3 of these for around or less than $40:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=24747

or put one of these in the front for a little extra money:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28136

That is likely to get better airflow than the Storm Sniper.

orestesdd

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010

According to this picture: (I don't know if 290 mm or 11.4 inches space shown here will allow anyone to have an 11 inch videos card. It seems the room only has 0.4 inches to spare a very tiny margin to feel comfortable).

k62-28.jpg

I am not too sure that the Lancool PC-K62 can fit the video cards I mentioned in my initial post. I would like to buy a Lancool PC-K62, but from some pictures shown here. I start to believe the CM Storm Sniper BE may be a better choice. Still I would like to see if anyone can prove me wrong. Anyhow, I thanks everyone for all your suggestions since they are all good suggestions. This is a hard decision since I want to save any pretty penny on any component if I can.

Ciao!

welshmousepk

Distinguished
I have the above case, and assuming your video card is in one of the top 3 slots (which it should be) then you have that full 440mm space. my 5870 ends just before the drive bay starts, but wouldn't have any trouble stretching in to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.