CPUID Not Reporting CPU Temps

TTMC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
Hello,

I just finished installing all the drivers and updating Windows on my new build (AMD 955, ASUS M4A89GTD PRO, SSD/HDD, 5850, Windows 7). I tried checking the CPU temps and none of the cores or the fan PWMs are are being reported. All other information is there.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
CPUID does make other programs besides CPU-Z you know, aber... HWMonitor to be more specific. :)

I'm not surprised that it isn't registering your fans correctly; mine never show up either on an MSI 790FX-GD70 board. Not sure why...

I don't really know what to say here, as I can't think of a single thing that's causing this problem other than a defective thermal probe in the CPU, and even then I think it would still register with something. Your board is a new(er) model, too, so it wouldn't be CPU incompatibility, either.

All I can say is, if you can get it to work some how, then feel free to share it with us. Sorry about my lack of helpfulness. :)

TTMC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
UPDATE:

I installed the software that is on the mobo install disk and they show up.

Odd. There is an updated mobo flash that I have not installed yet. That may help as well.

Thank you for posting!

More to follow...

TTMC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
I flashed BIOS and all programs reported CPUs and fans accurately!

Started changing BIOS settings and after one of the settings it stopped reporting. I think it has something to do with the fan control settings in BIOS. I changed them again and it started reporting in Windows again. I have not confirmed which setting exactly causes the issue.

I'm tired of messing with it for now. :pt1cable:

Thanks for the help!