Sign in with
Your question

Problem installing 7 on P6T MB

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2010 11:46:57 PM

Hello,

I just bought a custom pc, and I have a problem... I installed everything up but when I come to install windows 7, the "windows is loading files" takes 20 seconds, then the little window 7 animation comes, then the background pop and from there it take something like 10-15 minutes for the installation to start, when it finally start, I enter langage and keyboard settings etc. then when it comes to "setup is starting" it takes another 20 minutes to load up and when it really starts to install, the "expanding files" stays at 0 forever...

I tried 2 different motherboards, none worked, three HDD, two optical drives... Always slows like that, in the bios, everything is fine, says right temp, right clock, everything seems normal, any clue on where's the problem? Tried the windows 7 CD on another computer and it worked BTW.

Here are my specs:

- ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Core i7 920
- Kingston 1333hz DDR3 RAM (3x2GB)
- WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5 x2
- ATI RADEON XFX 5870
- Corsair Power Supply 750W
- Corsair H50 Cooler

More about : problem installing p6t

June 12, 2010 12:00:24 AM

I had the same issue with a W7 install due to a faulty graphics card. If you have another GPU laying around, try that and see if it will install and such. If so, I'd return the 5870.
m
l
!