Graphic card upgrade

can u hellp me i trying upgrade my graphic card, and i dont wanna make mistake because its cost the money,
my computer specs:

Base processor
Athlon 64 X2 (W) 3800+ 2.0 GHz
2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
Socket AM2
Chipset
GeForce 6150 LE

Motherboard
Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: A8M2N-LA
HP/Compaq motherboard name: NodusM3-GL8E

Slot type Quantity
PCI Three (Three available)
PCI Express x16 One (One available)
12 answers Last reply
More about graphic card upgrade
  1. what i can get the best option
  2. Okay, for your system, i wouldn't spent more than 9800GT...
    What about your monitor and PSU?
  3. I'd go with an HD5570, or an HD5670. Either card will probably be bottlenecked, but that's about as cheap as you get. You're over-due for a processor upgrade.
  4. wa1 said:
    Okay, for your system, i wouldn't spent more than 9800GT...
    What about your monitor and PSU?

psu is 500w, and my monitor is old compaq fp 5315, but i gonna buy now one soon. thanks
  5. You don't need a new PSU, and I wouldn't get a new monitor until you get a new processor/mobo/RAM
  6. Big question, around how much are you willing to spend (in US Dollars to make things a bit easier)?
  7. If you are getting a full HD monitor (reso 1900 X 1200 or therebouts), your system will be hopelessly inadequate for gaming, even for watching HD video. If you HAVE to stick to your current system, get a lower reso monitor.
  8. amnotanoobie said:
    Big question, around how much are you willing to spend (in US Dollars to make things a bit easier)?

i can spend up to 100 dolars for graphic card, but if i need to i can spend and more.
  9. shadow187 said:
    You don't need a new PSU, and I wouldn't get a new monitor until you get a new processor/mobo/RAM

from where i have to know what processor/mobo/ram i need to buy, i dont need super computer, i just need beter graphics. thank you.
  10. The problem is that you'll be heavily limited to what card you can buy because your processor isn't that good.

An mATX mobo + Athlon II x2 250 / 2GB DDR2 will cost ~$160. Then you can get a card for ~$100 (HD4850/HD5670) or $150 (HD5770).
  11. Newegg shellshocker deal today only: gt240 for $40

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162043
  12. Go for the 5670, or 4670.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics Product