TR2 XP Startup and FMV Continous Skipping

plugh

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2005

I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz) box. The
game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying the EIDOS screen
the sound begins skipping continuously and the video frame gets stuck until
I press escape. The same happens on any of the FMV movie sequences. All
other aspects of the game appear to work fine including music during
gameplay.

I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites. Has
anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?

Thanks!

occasionally I encounter it, have you tried rebooting before playing the
game?
rex
"Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz) box.
>The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying the EIDOS
>screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the video frame gets
>stuck until I press escape. The same happens on any of the FMV movie
>sequences. All other aspects of the game appear to work fine including
>music during gameplay.
>
> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites. Has
> anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>
> Thanks!

"Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the video
> frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on any of
> the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game appear to
> work fine including music during gameplay.
>
> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites.
> Has anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>
> Thanks!

No, It is doing the same thing to me too, I just re-started TR2 for a
relpay. I updated my Binks stuff and that didn't help. I am not sure
if it's sound related or video. But I too want the FMV's.
Lets both watch this space, as time allows I'll work on this one.
McG.

"Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
message news:OygTd.272243$w62.213437@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
> occasionally I encounter it, have you tried rebooting before playing
> the game?
> rex
> "Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
>> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
>> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the
>> video frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on
>> any of the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game
>> appear to work fine including music during gameplay.
>>
>> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
>> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites.
>> Has anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>>
>> Thanks!

Rebooting XP? :eek:)
With XP it's really better to find the problem and fix it. The Binks
stuff doesn't use any of the codecs that all the other windows stuff
uses that I know of. If this isn't a sound issue then it's video
related. I have a fairly new vid card that uses nVidias newest driver
sets to enable all its vid goodness. I'm kinda thinking that's more the
problem, even though I don't get any of this with TR3 :0\
McG.

> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
> message news:OygTd.272243$w62.213437@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
>> occasionally I encounter it, have you tried rebooting before playing
>> the game?
>> rex
>> "Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
>>> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
>>> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the
>>> video frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on
>>> any of the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game
>>> appear to work fine including music during gameplay.
>>>
>>> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
>>> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites. Has
>>> anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>
> Rebooting XP? :eek:)
> With XP it's really better to find the problem and fix it. The Binks
> stuff doesn't use any of the codecs that all the other windows stuff uses
> that I know of. If this isn't a sound issue then it's video related. I
> have a fairly new vid card that uses nVidias newest driver sets to enable
> all its vid goodness. I'm kinda thinking that's more the problem, even
> though I don't get any of this with TR3 :0\
> McG.

I'm thinking that it isn't a problem with win xp specifically more like a
glitch with the game, and how it reads the cd. but then tr2 has given me
probs in the past with cd drives.
rex

plugh

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2005

> No, It is doing the same thing to me too, I just re-started TR2 for a
> relpay. I updated my Binks stuff and that didn't help. I am not sure if
> it's sound related or video. But I too want the FMV's.
> Lets both watch this space, as time allows I'll work on this one.
> McG.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

I'm going to mess around with the settings for my video card. I have an ATI
Radeon 9800 Pro.
I'll post an update if I find anything significant.
I'm guessing this is a video issue also as I get the same problem using my
dvd and dvd-rw drives and also a virtual cd-rom drive created by
VirtualDrive software.

Another question...How do you go about updating your "Binks stuff?"

==Cheers

"Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
message news:QLoTd.73393$Th1.11231@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
>> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
>> message
>>> occasionally I encounter it, have you tried rebooting before playing
>>> the game?
>>> rex
>>> "Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message

>> Rebooting XP? :eek:)
>> With XP it's really better to find the problem and fix it. The Binks
>> stuff doesn't use any of the codecs that all the other windows stuff
>> uses that I know of. If this isn't a sound issue then it's video
>> related. I have a fairly new vid card that uses nVidias newest
>> driver sets to enable all its vid goodness. I'm kinda thinking
>> that's more the problem, even though I don't get any of this with
>> TR3 :0\ McG.
>>
> I'm thinking that it isn't a problem with win xp specifically more
> like a glitch with the game, and how it reads the cd. but then tr2
> has given me probs in the past with cd drives.
> rex

In that case, I think I'll have to dig up the old no-cd thing. I don't
have a CD Rom. I have a DVD-RW. That seems to toss a spanner into a
few older things. Thanks for the memory jog there Rex, I'd forgotten
all about the CD drive issues.
McG.

> "Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
>> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
>> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the video
>> frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on any of
>> the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game appear to
>> work fine including music during gameplay.
>>
>> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
>> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites. Has
>> anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> No, It is doing the same thing to me too, I just re-started TR2 for a
> relpay. I updated my Binks stuff and that didn't help. I am not sure if
> it's sound related or video. But I too want the FMV's.
> Lets both watch this space, as time allows I'll work on this one.
> McG.

Hmmm. I think I understood you guys, but I just loaded TR2 on my P4 1.3GHz
Hp, using a DVD-RW, with a mad dog FX5200 (nVida G-force something or
other), and my game runs fine, no glitches, no sound skips (ahh, it sure was
nice to hear Lara's voice saying hmm, or ahh, orugh, and I had to do the
hand stand jump ing grab up the cave blocks in the Great wall). Anyway, no
problems, except for my clumsy jumping skills ^_^. I let the install wizard
do it all, only prob is that as usual, tho it recognizes my Wingman cordless
game pad, I can only look at the passport, not open it, so I have to use the
keyboard. Am I any help??

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

> "Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
>> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
>> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the video
>> frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on any of
>> the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game appear to
>> work fine including music during gameplay.
>>
>> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
>> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites. Has
>> anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> No, It is doing the same thing to me too, I just re-started TR2 for a
> relpay. I updated my Binks stuff and that didn't help. I am not sure if
> it's sound related or video. But I too want the FMV's.
> Lets both watch this space, as time allows I'll work on this one.
> McG.

Oh, forgot to say, I let it play all the way through the intros until Lara
slides down into the cave, even looked at the helicopeter overfly, w/good
sound also.

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

TR2 and TR3 FMV's fail on my P4EE 3.4ghz with either ATI 9800XT or
my new ATI X800 XT PE. Hyperthreading on or off doesn't seem to make
a difference. Also have audigy 2zs on this system.

Everything works on my P4 2ghz / ATI 9700 pro system, using the native
on board sound. Will put the 9800 XT on this system and see if it makes
any difference.

Seems like a hardware issue to me. Could be the sound card as the failure
is associated with stuttering sound.

Note, TR2 doesn't require any patch to run with XP, but TR3 does.
The "gold" versions for TR2 and TR3 have the same issues.

> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
> message news:QLoTd.73393$Th1.11231@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
>>> message

>>> Rebooting XP? :eek:)
>>> With XP it's really better to find the problem and fix it. The Binks
>>> stuff doesn't use any of the codecs that all the other windows stuff
>>> uses that I know of. If this isn't a sound issue then it's video
>>> related. I have a fairly new vid card that uses nVidias newest
>>> driver sets to enable all its vid goodness. I'm kinda thinking
>>> that's more the problem, even though I don't get any of this with
>>> TR3 :0\ McG.
>>>
>> I'm thinking that it isn't a problem with win xp specifically more
>> like a glitch with the game, and how it reads the cd. but then tr2
>> has given me probs in the past with cd drives.
>> rex
>
> In that case, I think I'll have to dig up the old no-cd thing. I don't
> have a CD Rom. I have a DVD-RW. That seems to toss a spanner into a few
> older things. Thanks for the memory jog there Rex, I'd forgotten all
> about the CD drive issues.
> McG.

us older folks (and/or those with 'crs') need to stick together and jog each
others memory :)
rex

Plugh wrote:

> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz) box. The
> game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying the EIDOS screen
> the sound begins skipping continuously and the video frame gets stuck until
> I press escape. The same happens on any of the FMV movie sequences. All
> other aspects of the game appear to work fine including music during
> gameplay.
>
> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites. Has
> anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>
> Thanks!

I don't know if this would help narrow it down, but have
you tried playing any of the FMV's by themselves (from the
CD) using RAD's Bink player?

My guess is that if they play fine that way, it's probably
some setting related to the game. If not, it's probably
something with XP or maybe the hardware drivers.

-- G

>> No, It is doing the same thing to me too, I just re-started TR2 for a
>> relpay. I updated my Binks stuff and that didn't help. I am not
>> sure if it's sound related or video. But I too want the FMV's.
>> Lets both watch this space, as time allows I'll work on this one.
>> McG.
>
> Thanks for the ideas everyone.
>
> I'm going to mess around with the settings for my video card. I have
> an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.
> I'll post an update if I find anything significant.
> I'm guessing this is a video issue also as I get the same problem
> using my dvd and dvd-rw drives and also a virtual cd-rom drive
> created by VirtualDrive software.
>
> Another question...How do you go about updating your "Binks stuff?"
>
> ==Cheers

download the latest Rad/Binks from their site, uninstall older version,
install new one. I wonder if that helps tho, now?
McG.

> btw...on the sound side my sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2
> card.

I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

geno

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2004

> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
> message news:QLoTd.73393$Th1.11231@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
> > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
> >> message

> >> Rebooting XP? :eek:)
> >> With XP it's really better to find the problem and fix it. The Binks
> >> stuff doesn't use any of the codecs that all the other windows stuff
> >> uses that I know of. If this isn't a sound issue then it's video
> >> related. I have a fairly new vid card that uses nVidias newest
> >> driver sets to enable all its vid goodness. I'm kinda thinking
> >> that's more the problem, even though I don't get any of this with
> >> TR3 :0\ McG.
> >>
> > I'm thinking that it isn't a problem with win xp specifically more
> > like a glitch with the game, and how it reads the cd. but then tr2
> > has given me probs in the past with cd drives.
> > rex
>
> In that case, I think I'll have to dig up the old no-cd thing. I don't
> have a CD Rom. I have a DVD-RW. That seems to toss a spanner into a
> few older things. Thanks for the memory jog there Rex, I'd forgotten
> all about the CD drive issues.
> McG.

I have this same problem with TR3 on my XP home edition. Elaborate a little
McG, what is "the old no-cd thing"? A patch? A copy method to to the hard
drive?
TIA

--
Geno in Sacramento
Remove "nospam" from my address to e-mail me

"Don't believe everything that you -- think."

"Geno" <gene.williams@nospam.att.net> wrote in message
>> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
>> message news:QLoTd.73393$Th1.11231@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I'm thinking that it isn't a problem with win xp specifically more
>>> like a glitch with the game, and how it reads the cd. but then tr2
>>> has given me probs in the past with cd drives.
>>> rex
>>
>> In that case, I think I'll have to dig up the old no-cd thing. I
>> don't have a CD Rom. I have a DVD-RW. That seems to toss a spanner
>> into a few older things. Thanks for the memory jog there Rex, I'd
>> forgotten all about the CD drive issues.
>> McG.
>>

> I have this same problem with TR3 on my XP home edition. Elaborate a
> little McG, what is "the old no-cd thing"? A patch? A copy method to
> to the hard drive?
> TIA

www.gamecopyworld.com

select a mirror, over on the right select PC Games, select T from the
alphabet, scroll down to find Tombraider, follow instructions :) It's
easy enough. HIH
McG.

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> TR2 and TR3 FMV's fail on my P4EE 3.4ghz with either ATI 9800XT or
> my new ATI X800 XT PE. Hyperthreading on or off doesn't seem to make
> a difference. Also have audigy 2zs on this system.
>
> Everything works on my P4 2ghz / ATI 9700 pro system, using the native
> on board sound. Will put the 9800 XT on this system and see if it makes
> any difference.
>
> Seems like a hardware issue to me. Could be the sound card as the failure
> is associated with stuttering sound.
>
> Note, TR2 doesn't require any patch to run with XP, but TR3 does.
> The "gold" versions for TR2 and TR3 have the same issues.

Heh, Now that you mention it, I forgot to mention a. I'm using XP home
edition, b. ,y HP has a Sound Blaster PCI card, and I used the TR2 gold
version. ??^_^??

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

"Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> "Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
>>> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
>>> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the
>>> video frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on
>>> any of the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game
>>> appear to
>>> work fine including music during gameplay.
>>>
>>> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
>>> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites.
>>> Has anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> No, It is doing the same thing to me too, I just re-started TR2 for a
>> relpay. I updated my Binks stuff and that didn't help. I am not
>> sure if it's sound related or video. But I too want the FMV's.
>> Lets both watch this space, as time allows I'll work on this one.
>> McG.
>>

> Hmmm. I think I understood you guys, but I just loaded TR2 on my P4
> 1.3GHz Hp, using a DVD-RW, with a mad dog FX5200 (nVida G-force
> something or other), and my game runs fine, no glitches, no sound
> skips (ahh, it sure was nice to hear Lara's voice saying hmm, or ahh,
> orugh, and I had to do the hand stand jump ing grab up the cave
> blocks in the Great wall). Anyway, no problems, except for my clumsy
> jumping skills ^_^. I let the install wizard do it all, only prob is
> that as usual, tho it recognizes my Wingman cordless game pad, I can
> only look at the passport, not open it, so I have to use the
> keyboard. Am I any help??
> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

What operating system you use?

>> "Plugh" <xyzzy@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
>>> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
>>> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the
>>> video frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on
>>> any of the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game
>>> appear to
>>> work fine including music during gameplay.
>>>
>>> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
>>> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites.
>>> Has anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> No, It is doing the same thing to me too, I just re-started TR2 for a
>> relpay. I updated my Binks stuff and that didn't help. I am not
>> sure if it's sound related or video. But I too want the FMV's.
>> Lets both watch this space, as time allows I'll work on this one.
>> McG.
>>

> Oh, forgot to say, I let it play all the way through the intros until
> Lara slides down into the cave, even looked at the helicopeter
> overfly, w/good sound also.
>
> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

The heli thing works, the FMVs don't. the Great Wall stuff works, the
two tigers and all that work. Maybe it is something with the drives...

message news:EGATd.278356$w62.49678@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
>> "Rex Reynolds" <r.c.reynolds@REMOVETHISworldnet.att.net> wrote in
>> message news:QLoTd.73393$Th1.11231@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net
>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I'm thinking that it isn't a problem with win xp specifically more
>>> like a glitch with the game, and how it reads the cd. but then tr2
>>> has given me probs in the past with cd drives.
>>> rex
>>
>> In that case, I think I'll have to dig up the old no-cd thing. I
>> don't have a CD Rom. I have a DVD-RW. That seems to toss a spanner
>> into a few older things. Thanks for the memory jog there Rex, I'd
>> forgotten all about the CD drive issues.
>> McG.
>>
> us older folks (and/or those with 'crs') need to stick together and
> jog each others memory :)
> rex

Oh, I definitely have the occasional bout with CRS :) I'll look at a
few things now and see what is.
McG.

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Plugh wrote:
>>
>> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
>> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
>> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the
>> video frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on
>> any of the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game
>> appear to work fine including music during gameplay.
>>
>> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
>> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites.
>> Has anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I don't know if this would help narrow it down, but have
> you tried playing any of the FMV's by themselves (from the
> CD) using RAD's Bink player?
>
> My guess is that if they play fine that way, it's probably
> some setting related to the game. If not, it's probably
> something with XP or maybe the hardware drivers.
>
> -- G

Ah, but the Binks stuff that TR2 uses comes on the cd, thats what it
installs and uses. I can run the old fmv's with the newer Binks player.
McG.

McGrandpa wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Plugh wrote:
> >>
> >> I installed and have been playing TR2 on my xp pro sp2 (p4 3.0ghz)
> >> box. The game plays fine. However, during startup when displaying
> >> the EIDOS screen the sound begins skipping continuously and the
> >> video frame gets stuck until I press escape. The same happens on
> >> any of the FMV movie sequences. All other aspects of the game
> >> appear to work fine including music during gameplay.
> >>
> >> I haven't been able to find anything related to this problem on
> >> tombraiderchronicles or any of the other popular tomb raider sites.
> >> Has anyone here run across this problem and have a fix for it?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >
> > I don't know if this would help narrow it down, but have
> > you tried playing any of the FMV's by themselves (from the
> > CD) using RAD's Bink player?
> >
> > My guess is that if they play fine that way, it's probably
> > some setting related to the game. If not, it's probably
> > something with XP or maybe the hardware drivers.
> >
> > -- G
>
> Ah, but the Binks stuff that TR2 uses comes on the cd, thats what it
> installs and uses. I can run the old fmv's with the newer Binks player.
> McG.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't. Are you suggesting the Binks
player that came on the CD may not play the FMV's correctly, but
the newer version will? Seems unlikely, since the FMV's were made
to work with the player version on the CD... unless there's some
compatibility difference between the two versions and XP.

You're running XP, aren't you? Do you see any FMV problems in TR 2?

> McGrandpa wrote:
>>
>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>>> I don't know if this would help narrow it down, but have
>>> you tried playing any of the FMV's by themselves (from the
>>> CD) using RAD's Bink player?
>>>
>>> My guess is that if they play fine that way, it's probably
>>> some setting related to the game. If not, it's probably
>>> something with XP or maybe the hardware drivers.
>>>
>>> -- G
>>
>> Ah, but the Binks stuff that TR2 uses comes on the cd, thats what it
>> installs and uses. I can run the old fmv's with the newer Binks
>> player. McG.
>
> I'd be surprised if you couldn't. Are you suggesting the Binks
> player that came on the CD may not play the FMV's correctly, but
> the newer version will? Seems unlikely, since the FMV's were made
> to work with the player version on the CD... unless there's some
> compatibility difference between the two versions and XP.
>
> You're running XP, aren't you? Do you see any FMV problems in TR 2?
>
> -- G

Yes, another persons problem with the FMV's in tr2 is what prompted my
entry into this thread. I do have problems with the FMV's playing in
TR2. BUT, I seem able to play the game so far.
McG.

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> McGrandpa wrote:
>>>
>>> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message

>>> Ah, but the Binks stuff that TR2 uses comes on the cd, thats what it
>>> installs and uses. I can run the old fmv's with the newer Binks
>>> player. McG.
>>
>> I'd be surprised if you couldn't. Are you suggesting the Binks
>> player that came on the CD may not play the FMV's correctly, but
>> the newer version will? Seems unlikely, since the FMV's were made
>> to work with the player version on the CD... unless there's some
>> compatibility difference between the two versions and XP.
>>
>> You're running XP, aren't you? Do you see any FMV problems in TR 2?
>>
>> -- G
>
> Yes, another persons problem with the FMV's in tr2 is what prompted my
> entry into this thread. I do have problems with the FMV's playing in TR2.
> BUT, I seem able to play the game so far.
> McG.

I can play TR2 fine and have no video or sound problems, I mentioned
elsewhere I have XP home w/SP2. I went ahead and loaded TR3, it plays fine,
and I didn't think I had any FMV problems, but after finding the first
secret, my autdio locks on playing the first few notes of the secret music,
and then keeps repeating it like a stuck record. the same with the sound at
the rotating menue to load/save/exit game. I got the repeating noise to go
away somehow, but it comes back if the game forces it (i.e. another secret).
I have no clue what might be wrong, is there a fundimental sound playback
difference between TR2 and TR3? ^_^

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!