Changing IE9 visited link color

bigredox

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I want to change my IE9 visited links color for google searches. Changing tools/ internet options/ general/ colors does nothing. Reset of IE9 does nothing. Custom css does nothing. Has anyone actually solved this issue yet?

Change to what color? Back to blue?
20111030040953.gif

I understand what you want to do, but its not an 'issue' that has to be solved.

The problem is that google is not your webpage, this might help http://www.pageresource.com/html/linkcol.htm

mpbc48

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011

Nope, you don't understand the question.

The question is about web page links from a google search, not links in a page of his own creation.

The links to pages one has visited before used to be purple. Now, it appears there is no difference in color at all.

Mike

NE Yak

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
:kaola: Well, I thought the problem was very clearly stated, and many, many people have been asking for help with this bug, all over the web on forums and at the Google community. I use Windows XP, Explorer, and have a similar problem. I've been researching this since the Summer of 2011, and I see complaints from over a year ago. No answers from Google. All I want to do is change the text color for links I have previously visited. I change the settings, but when I do a Google search, the SERP just shows the default color change, from blue to a sort of blue-violet. "The issue" is not with the numerous users who are complaining or their settings. The consensus is that this is a Google problem. No matter how many monkeys ya have.

Kimberly_22

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

Did you get your answer? I had the same problem, it took me 3 days to come up with a result. You are not going to believe how easy it is to do.
Tools/ Internet Options/ Accessibility/ check the box before /Ignore colors specified on web page/ Ok Now:
Tools/ Internet Options/ Colors/ Uncheck box Use Windows colors/ Set the colors you want to use/ Ok/ Ok again Colors Changed!!!
Hope I helped

alientrader1

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

alientrader1

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Kimberly 22, you are a princess! Beautiful, no nonsense instructions that fixed my problem in IE 11. All the other morons that think they are "Gurus" don't have a clue! They just come on here and throw out some ridiculous solutions that just complicate things.