Sign in with
Your question

Changing IE9 visited link color

Last response: in Windows 7
October 30, 2011 9:09:18 AM

I want to change my IE9 visited links color for google searches. Changing tools/ internet options/ general/ colors does nothing. Reset of IE9 does nothing. Custom css does nothing. Has anyone actually solved this issue yet?
a b $ Windows 7
October 30, 2011 10:15:41 AM

bigredox said:
I want to change my IE9 visited links color for google searches. Changing tools/ internet options/ general/ colors does nothing. Reset of IE9 does nothing. Custom css does nothing. Has anyone actually solved this issue yet?

Change to what color? Back to blue?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 30, 2011 11:02:01 AM

bigredox said:

I understand what you want to do, but its not an 'issue' that has to be solved.

The problem is that google is not your webpage, this might help http://www.pageresource.com/html/linkcol.htm
m
l
Related resources
December 15, 2011 5:54:12 PM

13thmonkey said:
I understand what you want to do, but its not an 'issue' that has to be solved.

The problem is that google is not your webpage, this might help http://www.pageresource.com/html/linkcol.htm

Nope, you don't understand the question.

The question is about web page links from a google search, not links in a page of his own creation.

The links to pages one has visited before used to be purple. Now, it appears there is no difference in color at all.

Mike
m
l
December 30, 2011 5:41:35 AM

:kaola:  Well, I thought the problem was very clearly stated, and many, many people have been asking for help with this bug, all over the web on forums and at the Google community. I use Windows XP, Explorer, and have a similar problem. I've been researching this since the Summer of 2011, and I see complaints from over a year ago. No answers from Google. All I want to do is change the text color for links I have previously visited. I change the settings, but when I do a Google search, the SERP just shows the default color change, from blue to a sort of blue-violet. "The issue" is not with the numerous users who are complaining or their settings. The consensus is that this is a Google problem. No matter how many monkeys ya have.
m
l
February 22, 2012 10:32:53 PM

bigredox said:

Did you get your answer? I had the same problem, it took me 3 days to come up with a result. You are not going to believe how easy it is to do.
Tools/ Internet Options/ Accessibility/ check the box before /Ignore colors specified on web page/ Ok Now:
Tools/ Internet Options/ Colors/ Uncheck box Use Windows colors/ Set the colors you want to use/ Ok/ Ok again Colors Changed!!!
Hope I helped
m
l
!