Sign in with
Your question

SSD

Last response: in Storage
August 3, 2012 6:04:13 PM

I was planing to purchase a 120 GB SSD or a 128 GB SSD. Could someone please give me some suggestions on the best or better one to purchase. Newegg sells OCZ Vertex 4 & Intel Cherryville & Mushkin Enhanced Chronos & Mushkin Enhanced Deluxe Chronos & Samsugn 830 & Cruial & Corsair & Patriot etc. Thank you in advance for your help & assistance with this question

More about : ssd

a c 353 G Storage
August 3, 2012 6:18:21 PM

My choice is the Curical M4 or the Samsung 830, which ever is the cheapest of the two.
If same price (or with in a few dollars). The m4 for laptops (draws less current) and the 830 For desktops. I prefer the controller in the m4 and 830 over the Controller used in 120 gig SSDs (SF22xx).
The Vertex 4 may be good, just have not seen enogh "User" experience to gauge user problems with.

Added: There is NOT a big enough performance diff between the better SSDs, so I use reliability/Lowest user complaints as my criteria.
NOTE: My term "better" does not include the SSDs that use Async NAND chips (ie Agillity III). These SSDs work great in a SATA II config, but when you do upgrade to SATA III their performance is a little lower than the Upper end SSDs.
m
l
a b G Storage
August 3, 2012 6:20:07 PM

Buy the one thats usually on sale,(currently the samsung 830's are on sale). SSD's always go on sale at different times.
m
l
Related resources
August 3, 2012 7:30:32 PM

dudewitbow said:
Buy the one thats usually on sale,(currently the samsung 830's are on sale). SSD's always go on sale at different times.

Thank you for your reply
Magster
m
l
August 3, 2012 7:31:15 PM

RetiredChief said:
My choice is the Curical M4 or the Samsung 830, which ever is the cheapest of the two.
If same price (or with in a few dollars). The m4 for laptops (draws less current) and the 830 For desktops. I prefer the controller in the m4 and 830 over the Controller used in 120 gig SSDs (SF22xx).
The Vertex 4 may be good, just have not seen enogh "User" experience to gauge user problems with.

Added: There is NOT a big enough performance diff between the better SSDs, so I use reliability/Lowest user complaints as my criteria.
NOTE: My term "better" does not include the SSDs that use Async NAND chips (ie Agillity III). These SSDs work great in a SATA II config, but when you do upgrade to SATA III their performance is a little lower than the Upper end SSDs.

Thank you for your knowledgeable reply.
Magster
m
l
August 4, 2012 12:58:13 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time to suggest Samsung 830 or Crucial m4. Plus thanks for the page for daily deals around the web. This is definitely a very useful Forum.
m
l
!