SSD

I was planing to purchase a 120 GB SSD or a 128 GB SSD. Could someone please give me some suggestions on the best or better one to purchase. Newegg sells OCZ Vertex 4 & Intel Cherryville & Mushkin Enhanced Chronos & Mushkin Enhanced Deluxe Chronos & Samsugn 830 & Cruial & Corsair & Patriot etc. Thank you in advance for your help & assistance with this question
6 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. My choice is the Curical M4 or the Samsung 830, which ever is the cheapest of the two.
    If same price (or with in a few dollars). The m4 for laptops (draws less current) and the 830 For desktops. I prefer the controller in the m4 and 830 over the Controller used in 120 gig SSDs (SF22xx).
    The Vertex 4 may be good, just have not seen enogh "User" experience to gauge user problems with.

Added: There is NOT a big enough performance diff between the better SSDs, so I use reliability/Lowest user complaints as my criteria.
    NOTE: My term "better" does not include the SSDs that use Async NAND chips (ie Agillity III). These SSDs work great in a SATA II config, but when you do upgrade to SATA III their performance is a little lower than the Upper end SSDs.
  2. Buy the one thats usually on sale,(currently the samsung 830's are on sale). SSD's always go on sale at different times.
  3. dudewitbow said:
    Buy the one thats usually on sale,(currently the samsung 830's are on sale). SSD's always go on sale at different times.

Thank you for your reply
    Magster
  4. RetiredChief said:
    My choice is the Curical M4 or the Samsung 830, which ever is the cheapest of the two.
    If same price (or with in a few dollars). The m4 for laptops (draws less current) and the 830 For desktops. I prefer the controller in the m4 and 830 over the Controller used in 120 gig SSDs (SF22xx).
    The Vertex 4 may be good, just have not seen enogh "User" experience to gauge user problems with.

Added: There is NOT a big enough performance diff between the better SSDs, so I use reliability/Lowest user complaints as my criteria.
    NOTE: My term "better" does not include the SSDs that use Async NAND chips (ie Agillity III). These SSDs work great in a SATA II config, but when you do upgrade to SATA III their performance is a little lower than the Upper end SSDs.

Thank you for your knowledgeable reply.
    Magster
  5. Agree with Retired Chief and dudewitbow - Samsung 830 or Crucial m4.

Here is a good page to check for daily deals around the web:

http://www.logicbuy.com/categorydeals/computers/hard-drives-ssd

Drives, sale prices, and special promotions change daily.
  6. Thank you very much for taking the time to suggest Samsung 830 or Crucial m4. Plus thanks for the page for daily deals around the web. This is definitely a very useful Forum.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage