Active Partition Recovery - Device Type is not supported

keiranj85

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hi Ive been using this software for two days solid now after deleted by accident a partition off my wd element 2tb hard drive during a windows installation. It has found four partitions and the one starting at 0 on the found list seems to date in the info section as around the time i 1st used it.

I'm trying to now after 30 odd hours of scanning recover the partition but when i click recover it loads and allows me to select a drive letter then i get this message "Device Type is not supported
Disk has no MBR, or Sector Size is invalid, or Media Type is not
supported (CD-ROM, Floppy, Remote, etc).
"Supported only Fixed and Removable disk media types"

I really need some help here as its getting beyond me now how to sort this, i cant even accept defeat and just use the hard drive and loose all my media as windows wont read the drive and up to now the only way i know its there is through partition software it doesn't show in my computer.

If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Keiran

keiranj85

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hi thanks for replying Ive tried that thread before posting the other day and a few others. Tried testdisk and remo and a few others none will recover the partition, active says they're all bad so Ive given up on the idea. I just want to access the drive so i can format it and start again with my files but windows wont allow me to access it, it shows in partition magic as yellow and bad there must be a way of doing it. It was in perfect working order until i did this. The drive carried the instillation information on it reformatted but i can't even get windows to recognise it in the 1st place. I just want to start over since Monday Ive been at this.

G

If u want to access ur drive just to reformat it, use a bootable linux disk . Run setup and proceed to the stage where u r given option to create new partitions. At this stage just delete the old existing partition. exit setup and pop in ur windows disk.